The primary responsibilities of this role, Data Science Intern, are to:
- Develop strategies to identify new opportunities and expand existing methods, provide insights, and build practical solutions to complex business problems;
- Apply advanced analytics skills to turn data into competitive advantage and make recommendations for data-driven business decisions.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Pursuing a Master of Science or Ph.D. in Operations Research, Engineering, Management Science, Mathematics, or another related quantitative discipline;
- Experience delivering analytics solutions to complex business problems;
- Theoretical and practical experience in deterministic optimization and algorithm development related to operations management, including experience with commercial optimization software (ex. CPLEX or Gurobi) and/or commercial simulation software (eg. AnyLogic);
- Expertise in programming, statistical packages, and database languages (ex. Java, R, Python, Scala, SQL and OPL);
- Demonstrated experience in optimizing demand, supply, and network flow challenges related to planning, scheduling, space utilization, and customer service levels;
- Demonstrated problem solving experience analyzing complex data using statistical and advanced analytical methods to deliver predictive and prescriptive insights;
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and written communication skills;
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and influence people at varying levels of responsibility;
- Demonstrate business aptitude, the ability to rapidly learn new problem domains and become conversant in the domain with business users.
- Experience in supply chain management, agriculture, and/or laboratory science;
- Hands on experience using IBM DOC framework;
- Experience with software development and architecture related to operations research, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.