In Bayer”s Crop Science division, we shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that helps to nourish our growing world, preserve natural resources and deliver better solutions for all farmers. Using the creative spark that comes from human ingenuity, we seek to deliver world-class innovation, set new standards in sustainability, and drive our digital transformation. Our products include high-performance seeds & traits, crop protection solutions, and digital farming tools.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Data Science Intern, are to:
- Perform independently data analyses and apply statistics, computer programming, predictive modeling acumen to unsolved business goals;
- Drive research lab optimization by creating predictive and/or optimization models that enhance the efficiency of labs” capacity planning and quality detection;
- Create and ensure adoption of predictive/machine learning models that drive Crop Science pipeline decisions;
- Integrate solutions into production IT system by partnering with engineering teams and end users to ensure scalability and adoption;
- Form partnerships with cross-functional teams in Bayer (Breeding, Product Supply, IT) to drive unified reporting and optimization of complex workflows that span functions and countries;
- Present compelling, validated stories to all levels of organization, including peers, senior management, and internal customers to drive both strategic and operational changes in business;
- Provide technical contributions leveraging business acumen in a fast paced team environment to accelerate our efforts on building an analytics-driven product pipeline.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently pursuing a science, a statistical/mathematical, or an engineering Bachelor”s degree, Master”s degree or Ph.D.;
- Intermediate proficiency in one of the following areas: complex data analyses, mathematical/statistical modeling and programming skills using R, Python, or other statistical programming languages;
- Ability to turn complex data into predictive and prescriptive insights;
- Ability to influence people at varying levels of responsibility.
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.