In Bayer”s Crop Science division, we shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that helps to nourish our growing world, preserve natural resources and deliver better solutions for all farmers. Using the creative spark that comes from human ingenuity, we seek to deliver world-class innovation, set new standards in sustainability, and drive our digital transformation. Our products include high-performance seeds & traits, crop protection solutions, and digital farming tools.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Data Policy Specialist Intern, are to:
- Ensure development and implementation of a data landscape knowledge graph with elements defining product development pipeline decisions, core data objects, business information objects, etc.;
- Interact with breeding, data engineering, and computational modeling stakeholders to define key decision data objects and relationships;
- Ensure development and implementation of a computationally interactive cataloging of conceptual and logical data models for as-needed investigation of business questions;
- Assess, and improve, quality of Breeding knowledge graphs relative to Findable, Accessible, interoperable and reusable(F.A.I.R.) data principles;
- Demonstrate the value and application of the knowledge graphs and data models and deploy them to stakeholders.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Pursuing and advanced degree Master”s/Ph.D. student in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, or Computational Biology;
- Proficiency with Structure Query Language (SQL) and/or NoSQL database, and knowledge graphs query;
- Experience with ontologies or semantic reasoning technologies;
- Problem solving ability and experience in analyzing and presenting complex data;
- Organizational, interpersonal, and written communication skills;
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, precise and actionable manner;
- Detail and results oriented with the ability to work independently.
- Strong programming skills in R, Python, SQL, Java or Linux;
- Strong business aptitude, the ability to rapidly learn new problem domains, and become conversant in the domain with subject matter experts;
- Ability to actively engage with internal partners and external collaborators to align strategies and success measures in analytics.
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.