Primary Objective: To increase volume sales and margin growth by actively selling products and services for the benefit of Innovative Ag Services and its member owners.
The following duties are typical for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive.
- Promote the sales of all Innovative Ag Service products and programs with primary emphasis of dairy products, programs, and services.
- Increase unit sales, gross margins, and market share by aggressively contacting and selling current and potential customers with in an assigned area.
- Provide necessary information to current and prospective customers to support products and programs, and assist customers in making production and business decisions.
- Implementation of daily consulting programs.
- Communicate on a regular basis with location team members to keep them abreast of current dairy production and business practices, products and programs, and customer/prospect activity.
- Facilitate efficient and accurate feed pricing, invoicing, and distribution.
- Submit weekly reports of contacts made and customer/competitor activity.
- Assist location managers in account receivable management and collection.
- Work with management to quickly resolve any concerns or complaints brought forward by current or prospective customers.
- Actively assist in development of individual growth and development plans and participate in agreed upon training.
- Support and help develop department and individual marketing and business plans.
- Profitability of the dairy department.
- Keep an up-to-date database of all customers and prospects within the assigned area.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Possess sufficient knowledge of dairy production science to advise producers on dairy production plans, products and services to secure efficient production, higher yields improved quality.
- Computer skills including spreadsheet, database and livestock records software.
- Display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
- Ability to communicate information or ideas effectively in written or oral form.
- Ability to organize, deal with change effectively, and work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Post secondary degree or equivalent with education and experience.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Adaptability:
- Requires static strength to lift, push, pull, or carry objects with a minimum weight of 50 pounds. Also flexibility to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs. Also trunk strength and ability to use abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time. Some tasks involve repetitive motion.
- Agricultural Environment – Possible exposure to seasonal weather, outdoor conditions, and agriculture products.
- Personal Protective Equipmentmay be required for some tasks.