The Dairy Pricing and Formulation Supervisor will be a core member of the Pricing and Formulation Leadership Team and be responsible for leading a team of formulators and pricing specialists. This postion will be responsible for working across multiple teams including the dairy sales, marketing and technology, logistics, supply chain, customer ops and merchandising teams to understand customer needs, competitive landscape, product design and positioning, new nutritional technologies and formulation best practices, primary and relative value ingredient markets, risk positions, and merchandising gameplans. The supervisor manager will ensure value created by the RMS team is hardcaptured through pricing and margin management.
• 30% Direct pricing responsibility in the US feed business. Includes house accounts and routine transactional products. Includes communication of prices/contracts with customers. Maintenance and oversight of feed contracts. Support of sales and consulting teams on spot and contract pricing.
• 15% Value Capture – ensure ingredient cost sets in the system are correct and consistent between businesses so pricing and costing can be done accurately. Ensure margins are being captured between ingredient costs and invoicing.
• 30% Formulation Oversight – Management and supervision of the formulation team (5-9 people). Ensure that formulation of products will optimize value capture from ingredient positions and limits. Ongoing audits of formulation parameters and constraints. Accountability to value capture goals and results. Training and development of team members.
• 25% Miscellaneous business responsibilities – Includes, but not limited to; supply chain optimization projects, strategic marketing support, participation with plant performance and planning discussions, SG&A expense reviews, preparation of team scorecard, preparation of financial tracking reports, assist with budget preparation, risk management revenue and cost tracking, and support of the business leadership team through special projects as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 2 years of experience in business
• Able to travel 10-15%
Abilities / Success Factors
• Stong mathematical and analytical background
• Proven ability to utilize critical thinking to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Excellent communication skills
• Demonstrates the behaviors of the Cargill Leadership Model
• 1 years professional management experience in the areas of pricing, merchandising, supply chain, strategy or a related experience.
• 1 years pricing experience
• 1 years formulation experience
• Demonstrated understanding of the Feed Industry
• Strong Experience with Microsoft Office and Data and Analytical tools such as Tableau and the ability to harvest and analyze data to drive decision making.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, management or accounting
• Two years industry experience
• Experience with Tableau, NIS (AS400), Linear Programming Formulation, SAP, and/or PROS