Join a progressive, family-owned dairy operation in Ohio, milking 5,000 cows with 1,500 replacements. We are a high-quality dairy producer who grows our team, raises healthy animals and builds on our sustainable practices. We live and breathe continuous improvement and look to add leadership who will continue to drive our operation forward.
We’re hiring for a Dairy Operations Manager to join our team. In In this role, you will be responsible for leading and managing our dairy team, promoting teamwork and maximizing workforce productivity and efficiency. You will be developing initiatives that drive our numbers, while ensuring we have the best possible health and care for our livestock. Enjoy working on root-cause analysis of problems and developing practices and protocols to correct. We’re hiring an individual who has a strong background as a herd manager who also enjoys the business side of the operation.
Our ideal candidate brings:
- Demonstrated success leading dairy operations (ideally 1,500 cows or greater)
- Proficient in herd management software (DC305 preferred)
- Strong herd health management experience
- Ability to understand financial numbers, budgets and ROI on decisions
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) preferred, but not required
- Basic mechanical and troubleshooting ability
We offer highly competitive compensation for the skillset we need. There is housing and relocation assistance available. We also offer paid time off.
Focus of Role
- Lead a team of 40 people in all aspects of cow health, milking, feeding, and employee relations ensuring the procedures already in place by the Company are followed
- Maintain key vendor contacts, including procurement of replacement cows, to keep the Dairy running smoothly and competitively
- Provide daily direction to parlor leads, herdsmen (2), feeding team, and barn care team
- Lead teams through daily scorecard reviews, team meetings, development plans, and gap analysis
- Backup key responsibilities as necessary to support team members’ days off
- Ensure supplies such as vaccinations, and chemicals are stocked and ordered when necessary
- Manage feed inventory, ensuring required quantity and quality of feed is on hand
- Utilize herd management software, interpret daily reports to set direction for each day; ensure daily tasks are kept up-to-date in DC305
- Oversee CIP procedures in the milking parlor and ensure records are compliant with food safety regulations
- Work with veterinarian, nutritionist, and vendors routinely to review trends, scorecards, and necessary changes
- Manage budgets and provide ongoing input on projections and on financial performance
- Represent the farm as a primary initial site contact, projecting the Company’s values
- Support the organization with a continuous improvement mindset toward stated goals and KPIs