At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Dairy Nutritionist – Midwest
ADM Animal Nutrition, a division of Archer Daniels Midland Company, is a leading manufacturing, nutrition and ingredient business offering a wide range of innovative products for the animal nutrition market. Detailed responsibilities for this position include:
- Provide dairy technical support to ADM dairy specialists and dealer personnel in the upper Midwest.
- Develop educational and training materials for ADM dairy specialists and dairy customers.
- Provide on farm expertise to ADM dairy customers and prospects in the upper Midwest.
- Be an active contributor to the ADM dairy research ideation process.
- Assist the business by supporting the sales of ADM specialty ingredients.
- Assist with the commercialization of new value-added products and ingredients.
- Represent ADM at professional dairy industry meetings.
- Assist the procurement department with identifying opportunity feed ingredients that can be used at manufacturing locations.
- Provide assistance with securing commercial farms for on-farm research and research demonstrations and assist with conducting trials as needed by ADM research personnel.
Requirements for this position include:
- Master’s degree in dairy or animal science with a minimum of 5 years of industry or university experience. PhD in Dairy Nutrition/Management or DVM highly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build strong working relationships.
- Thorough knowledge of dairy nutrition, ration balancing and dairy management practices (proficiency with the Adifo platform preferred).
- Desire to actively participate in team-oriented projects, including training, team selling, research project planning and problem solving.
- Computer proficiency in Oracle, IBM, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods while traveling within the sales territory.
Territory would include Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Illinois. Dairy Nutritionist can live anywhere within thesales territory – relocation is not required provided candidate liveswithin the territory.
We offer a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.