Imagine what you can do at Land O’Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O’Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture’s toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O’Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you’ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Job Posting Title:
Dairy Livestock Production Specialist- Lancaster, PA
We’re hiring a Livestock Production Specialist to focus on Dairy feed sales with our partner dealer located in Paradise, PA . In this role, you will be responsible to sell feed and all related products in a manner that will optimize the dealer’s market share and savings, improve the dealer’s efficiency and help achieve the dealer’s goals.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Focus on Dairy Adult Cow and Young Animal feed sales by calling on Dairy producers while providing a consultative sales approach.
- Evaluate and assist animal owners with their nutritional program.
- Organize and conduct effective educational meetings to enhance Purina brand image and sell product.
- Conduct selling events to build dealer’s business in the market.
- Execute a high volume of farm calls per week, and annually growing sales and market share in the above categories.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science or related field
- Experience providing accurate feeding and management recommendations to animal owners in the market
- Dairy Industry experience
- 2-5 years of experience in feed sales, livestock nutrition, marketing, and the execution of growth plan with proven success desired
- Candidate must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Required Competencies & Other Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required along with strong organization and time management skills.
- High internal drive, a natural ability for relationship building, and leadership in a team environment.
- Computer skills, specifically MS Office, plus the ability to be trained on ration balancing software, etc., salesforce experience desired
- Requires the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- On farm interaction, in all-weather types at producer facilities for a walk through, and evaluations.
- Ability to network in industry to put producers together to earn additional business and relationships.
- Strong public speaking skills.
Percentage of Travel:
– 5% over night travel, in addition to daily travel in the assigned geography
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O’Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
- EOE is the Law (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- EOE is the Law Supplement (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- Land O’Lakes EOE Policy Statement
- Pay Transparency Notice
- Drug and Alcohol Policy