The Customer Service Representative position is a crucial point of contact with Key Cooperative members, potential customers and marketing channel partners. This position requires the ability to excel in a fast paced environment while receiving inbound deliveries, managing walk-in and call-in business traffic, and coordinating with other locations and employees to deliver a superior customer service experience.
Quality of Work
- Assist with producer grain accounting, settlements, and customer orders at the specified location.
- Properly weigh and grade grain deliveries.
- Ensure that scale and testing equipment remains within tolerance and regulatory compliance.
- Perform the reconciliation of the location cash drawer as needed.
- Hours of operation vary by location, must be able to be at work on time and ready to serve customers during the hours stated by their supervisor.
- Able to work additional hours as needed including seasonal hours and some weekends.
- Manage inbound and outbound shipments at your location or other specified locations as requested.
- Efficiently receive inbound deliveries, manage walk-in and call-in business traffic.
- Promptly answers all phone calls, voicemails and electronic communications.
- Assist Agronomy, Energy, Feed and Grain departments with customer account information, billing and inventory accounting.
- Become proficient in the use of company-wide software utilized by each department.
- Effectively coordinate with other locations and employees to deliver a superior customer service experience.
- Supports and communicates Key Cooperative’s credit policy to customers.
- Take the initiative in providing outstanding and courteous customer service.
- Project a positive attitude and image to customers and employees at all times.
- Fulfill customer needs directly or as needed, collaborate with another team member to effectively service the customer.
- Display proficiency in promoting and supporting all Key Cooperatives products, services, and programs, while building positive goodwill with current and prospective customers.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Has the ability to learn and understand machinery operation and dry material handling, and to learn grain elevator operations on the job.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Driver’s License
- Grain Grading Qualification (preferred)
About Key Cooperative
Key is a member-owned, rural Iowa cooperative serving agriculture producers. With locations in 13 communities and 6 counties, Key Cooperative provides Agronomy, Energy, Feed, and Grain with a small-town, yet professional feel. Our employees take pride in our identity and they’re committed to the success of our owners by delivering innovation, leadership, and performance.
If you’re looking for a place where you can grow and be proud of what you do each day – you can find this kind of career at Key Cooperative. Apply below!