The Custom Harvester Combine Support Intern is responsible for accurate and prompt field service support to commercial harvester owner-operators via telephone, and/or in field service calls on harvesting products. Responsibilities include diagnostics, performing necessary adjustments, care, and preventive maintenance on custom harvester machinery. The Customer Harvest Combine Support Intern is responsible for corrective action and assisting / counseling commercial harvester operators on service related matters. Responsible for setting up mobile site locations and maintaining parts inventory required to support current production harvesting machinery.
Responsibilities and Job Functions
- Technical Service Support: Responsible for field service support related to product performance and reliability of commercial harvesting machinery. Provide warrantable service repairs caused by workmanship and or defects in materials. Assist commercial operators with machine adjustments to achieve product performance for crop type and conditions. Provide preventive service maintenance support when required.
- Technical inquiries / communications: Responsible for processing inquiries related to product performance, reliability, product features, service administration, product training, and warranty. Structure responses in SOURCE consistent with defined standards governing incident content, quality and structure; with sensitivity to cost of machine repairs to AGCO warranty, dealer, and customers.
- Technical Authoring: Author solutions or service information (Knowledge Articles/Objects) into a technical information database (SOURCE) from technical questions and answers entered in the contact management system.
- Technical Expert: Become a technical “expert” on harvesting machinery through answering technical inquiries, field service calls, production plant visits, engineering center visits, and visits to dealers, customers, and trade shows.
- Continuous Personal Growth: Expand skills and abilities through participation in training when required.
- Problem investigation: Use existing tools (SOURCE, Contact Management System, Knowledge, Technical Publications, etc.) to research technical solutions when said solutions are known. Otherwise, work with Team Leader and/or Product Performance Manager on issues where technical solution is not known.
- Warranty submittals: Submit warranty claims on all parts and service work performed on commercial harvesting machines with detailed problem, root cause, and solution that qualify under warranty terms, within 24 hours.
- Non-warranty parts requirements: Machines out of warranty require arrangements through an AGCO dealer to authorize the distribution of the required parts. AGCO dealer must assume billing responsibility to recipient customer.
- Parts Inventory: Responsible for the stocking and movement of parts through the tech van. Account and post all parts involved to the machine work order prior to the daily departure. Receive and account for all parts not required on a work order by the end of the working day. Order all parts for the tech van at intervals to keep the parts stock current.
- Product Reliability Improvements: Assist Product Performance Manager to identify product issues while maintaining or improving product performance, reliability, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Service Training: Assist Technical Service Training organization to identify service training needs at AGCO dealerships. Serve as Subject Matter Expert to assist Training Department in development of training materials and programs necessary to enhance dealer service capabilities. Provide supplemental assistance at Service Training sessions.
- DOT Regulations: Complete and understand all DOT requirements to operate assigned vehicles.
Education and Experience
- Currently enrolled in a 4 year accredited university to obtain a degree in Engineering, Technology or Ag Sciences discipline.
- Experience with mobile equipment (such as agricultural, construction or forestry equipment; on/off-road trucks; or, automobiles)
- Accomplished communication capabilities (spoken and written)
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must be familiar with the theories of hydraulics, engines, gear trains, electrical systems, electronics, and air conditioning systems. Should be versed in the use of tools and diagnostic devices used to repair these components.
- Familiarity with internal and external customer population and their needs
- Knowledge of product design and functionality
- Familiarity with Dealership business practices relating to product support
- Must be capable of producing good written technical reports on subjects of product reliability and performance.
- Must be adept in the area of human relations to avoid personality conflicts which hinder the ability to successfully execute position duties.
Nearest Major Market: Wichita
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Agricultural, Intern, Part Time, Seasonal, Engineering, Agriculture, Entry Level, Retail