GROWMARK is a regional cooperative with annual sales of $7.0 billion (FY 2016 data) providing agronomy, energy, facility planning, and logistics products and services, as well as grain marketing and risk management services in more than 40 states and Ontario, Canada. GROWMARK is ranked fourth on the NCB Co-op 100 listing of the nation’s 100 highest revenue-earning cooperative businesses. GROWMARK owns the FS trademark, which is used by affiliated member cooperatives. GROWMARK is large enough to offer solid career opportunities, but small enough to provide a family-oriented, welcoming environment and great benefits.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY STATEMENT
Serves as the Crop Protection Branded Technologies Intern under the direction of the Crop Protection Division Manager, trains and assists to gain hands-on crop protection experience in alignment with member companies and the NutriCropRx platform.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Hands-on experience in agronomy field working with experienced agronomists.
- Perform regular field checks and diagnose problems by working with tissue sampling, plant health, and foliar nutrition programs.
- Focus on Nutrifuse, NutriCropRx, FlexN market.
- Hands-on experience using field imagery (i.e. Climate).
- Build and maintain professional relationships with employees and customers.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Follows GROWMARK’s Code of Conduct and Corporate Compliance Program, Environmental Health and Safety, OSHA and DOT policies and procedures, as they apply.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Must be pursuing an agriculture, agronomy, crop and soil science, weed management, ag business, or related degree at a 4-year university with the status of at least a second semester junior or first semester senior in good academic standing at time the internship begins.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently.
- Demonstrates essential abilities including business knowledge, collaboration, communication, customer focus, decision making and skill development.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and can travel independently and overnight as needed.
- Ability and willingness to participate in required training that may include education on GROWMARK’s policies and procedures and additional training as it relates to the requirements of the position.
- Continuously exposed or required to:
- Extreme weather conditions (hot, cold, wet, etc.)
- Endure walking several miles per day
We are an equal opportunity employer, including protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities. Employment may be contingent upon receipt of an acceptable and job-related background check, drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.