Blue Sky Farm is a family farm located in the heart of the Willamette Valley with a strong acre base that currently grows grass seed, specialty vegetable seeds, hazelnuts, garlic, hops, and rotation crops like clover and wheat. We have a vibrant, motivated young team that we are looking to grow.
We are looking for an experienced Production Manager for our operation in Woodburn, OR (relocation assistance available) to help organize and oversee crop production on our family farm. We are looking for someone to come in and complete a full crop cycle as a Co-Production Manager before taking on the role completely. You will be ultimately responsible for being the point of contact for organizing and carrying out crop production as well as actively participating in all activities related to the production of the crops during the planting, growing and harvesting seasons. We expect you to have a deep understanding of equipment and farm operations. Ability to direct personnel towards maximum performance while also maintaining a high level of communication with the General Manager will set you apart as a leader. Decision-making and problem-solving will take up a great part of your day. If you are up to it, we’d like to talk to you. The goal is to ensure an efficient and productive farm operation that meets the demands of the weather and crops to produce the highest quality crops as possible.
We offer a salary of $80,000 with a production based bonus, along with health insurance and 401K with matching. Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate.
- Formulate and communicate plans with all Project Managers.
- Estimate costs and reporting to General Manager.
- Organize workflow to meet specifications and weather.
- Monitor and take part in production to resolve issues.
- Supervise and evaluate performance of production personnel (field crews, harvest workers etc.)
- Determine amount of necessary resources (fertilizer, chemicals, raw materials etc.)
- Approve maintenance work, purchasing of supplies etc.
- Ensure crops meet quality standards.
- Attend regular meetings and communicate crop/crop-plan status.
- Proven experience in the production side of agriculture.
- Deep knowledge of crop production management.
- Understanding of quality standards.
- Experience in use of application equipment.
- Outstanding communication ability.
- Excellent organizational and leaderships skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach.
- Hands on equipment repair and operational skills.
We are taking the necessary requirements to ensure a safe work environment for all of our employees from the office staff to the field crews.