Michigan Freeze Pack is a produce processing facility that runs and freezes 40 million pounds of fruit and vegetables per year. Our 100,000 square foot facility is in Hart, Michigan which is central to one of the country’s premier locations for growing select fruits and vegetables.
We are hiring for a highly motivated and skilled leader to join our team as our Controller.
Reporting to the CEO, the Controller is responsible for directing the financial and administrative functions of the Company in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and company objectives. This position also oversees Human Resources, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and other administrative support functions of the Company.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience ranging from $70,000 – $90,000 along with health benefits, paid vacation, holidays, and IRA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and management reports.
- Performs additional analysis of financial information.
- Run Product and Labor Cost analysis to reduce manufacturing variances and improve Profit Margins.
- Assist Managers in identifying profit improvement opportunities and cost savings.
- Assist Managers in ROI Analysis for major investments.
- Cash Flow Projections.
- Develops risk management accounting policies and procedures relative to operations and monitors for compliance.
- Assists with the annual Review process with independent CPA Firm.
- Participate in evaluating and implementing software program enhancements.
- Provides support in the preparation of annual 1099’s.
- Prepares reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present and expected operations.
- Prepares and oversees preparation of monthly borrowing reports as required by lenders.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Financial, or Business Administration with a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience in accounting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
In-depth knowledge of cost accounting beneficial. Excellent communication skills. Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (M.S. Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with advanced ERP software preferred.