At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team-especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Contact Supervisor – Brighton, CO (1903738)
The Contact Supervisor role in Brighton will be part of the supervisory team and is responsible for the following tasks:
- This position typically is assigned a 12-hour shift and may be assigned nights and/or days and may rotate after periods of time.
- Lead and supervise employees to ensure all housekeeping and safety policies and procedures are understood and followed.
- Take immediate steps to correct any unsafe working conditions.
- Accountable for control of all company products and resources to prevent loss and keep cost at a minimum.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assists employees in solving work problems, according to company policies and procedures.
- In conjunction with Shift Manager, will interview, investigate, and resolve disciplinary issues up to and including making recommendations for termination of employment.
- In conjunction with Shift Manager, plans material, resources, staffing, and flow of materials/work etc. through department and ensures new technology, process and/or procedures are smoothly transferred into daily activities.
- Ensure team meets department goals such as: productivity and quality.
- Enables team to become more self-sufficient through providing training and leadership, and in coaching team members to assume more responsibilities.
- Pursue continuous improvement in assigned area of the department.
- In conjunction with the Shift Manager complete performance evaluations, attendance records and payroll process for assigned employees.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you-the whole you-in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For In You…
- High School Diploma / GED required
- 5+ years manufacturing work experience required
- 2 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting is required
- Bilingual – Spanish language preferred
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills and excellent math skills
- Knowledge of chemical manufacturing preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.