We are looking for an enthusiastic leader to drive Cargill’s vision to bring an obsessive focus on customer experience (Cx) and evolve
how we work across value chains in a connected way for the customer to bring value to our commercial sales & marketing teams.
In this position, you will bring your deep expertise in one or across sales force and strategic pricing capabilities blending marketing and tech to empower our business and deliver innovation to our B2B and B2F(farmer) customers.
The Connected Sales & Services Product Manager provides strategic thought leadership and knowledge across all aspects of CRM, Call Center, Einstein Analytics, Marketing Cloud, Pardot OR Strategic Pricing and Commerce for configure, price, quote and component buildup. This role is responsible to create and maintain solution roadmaps and strategies for all aspects of the salesforce and strategic pricing instances/platform in scope and integration with Global IT methods & operating models. This position will be responsible for partnering and advising Business Partner function and Product Owners to design and create new products and define deployment approach and support models. This position will lead and provide direction to managers/advisors, professionals and indirect staff. Thought leadership, especially around core capabilities for reuse and extension, operating principles for product teams and education and demonstrating platform value, will be managed by this Lead. Key stakeholders are expected to be the Business Partners/BRMs, Business Product Owners, Commercial/Marketing COEs and teams, Corporate Affairs and regional delivery or partners that will deliver products on top of the platform.
This position will have accountabilities in the following areas:
- Trusted advisor to Product Owners, Commercial Sales & Marketing Leaders & IT Business Partners, Global IT delivery teams
- Prioritizing core capabilities based on customer and business needs, vision for platform engineering team(s)
- Budget oversight of platform and creation of estimating and methods for new features
- Guides innovation/transformation and continuous improvement efforts.
- Chief innovation lead for the platform to test ideas, inspire collaboration and compare performance to competitive benchmarks.
- Develop strong product development ties with technical product vendors such as Salesforce, PROS, Zilliant, BigMachines, FPX and emerging players.
- Deliver education and demos to share capabilities of the platform and value achieved
- Deliver on boarding and playbook methods to empower teams to build on top of the platform for speed to market
30% Architecture Solution Strategy, Leadership, and Governance
- Advocate and guide the use of the connected service capabilities across business, partners and delivery teams
- Develop, define, and implement new and maintain platform products and service offerings
- Significantly contributes to the creation and maintenance of product and service offering strategies and roadmaps for in scope enterprises
- Utilize expert knowledge to increase the DX capabilities maturity level of our solutions leveraged by the BUs/FNs
- 15% Business Partnering and Relationship Management
- Leads the marketing of capabilities to multiple BUs/FNs aligned to their business drivers
- Act as a liaison and regularly interface with multiple BUs/Functions in partnership with BPs and Commercial Excellence COE to assess ideas, requirements, priorities and present valuable opportunities for the use of the connected service capabilities.
- Accountable for relationship and integration with Enterprise Architecture
- Maintain awareness of projects creating opportunities for the organization and where they may impact existing solutions
- Partner with key stakeholders, peers and project leadership and serve as an issue escalation point of contact for the digital experience platform
- Collaborate with potential run organization(s) using strategic leadership and expert knowledge to maintain awareness on the health of overall solutions and service offerings
- Manage and govern vendor relationships for the connected sales & services platform
15% Architecture Definition and Methodology
- Keep up-to-date on industry and architecture methodologies for application
- Provide strategic leadership, guidance, and insight during solution definition activities from ideation through explore to ensure roadmap and architecture alignment
- Executive responsible to remove roadblocks or break new ground on architecture decisions and alignment across TGRC and other digital foundation platforms
10% Portfolio and Demand Management
- Identify prototype, demo, and pilot opportunities
- Facilitate PI Planning and cycles with platform engineering and architecture to align roadmap, communications and backlog dependencies for platform
- Provides project and/or product team thought leadership on release schedule and backlog of features in the platform pipeline. Drives understanding, and playfulness of valuable components prioritized and how they will be delivered.
- Provides thought leadership to achieve critical objectives and/or mitigate high risk areas or products/projects
- Provide strategic leadership to consult on deployment approach for large or complex products/projects
- 30% People and Budget Management (High Partner Leverage)
- Responsible for the selection, development, and retention of a high performing digital experience engineering team for products in scope of control
- Champion employee engagement within your team
- Deliver timely and effective performance feedback directly or through others
- Coach employees and partners in methods and how we work in the DXO
- Lead workforce planning and monitor resource utilization to ensure leveraging capacity
- Execute employee management processes (including staffing decisions, coaching, development plans, performance evaluations) where appropriate
- Develop strong leaders/managers/supervisors to build effective, and flexible teams to meet demand including continuous improvement in our offshore talent strategy
- Manage internal project budgeting across a medium size team
This position is posted internally as well as externally
• BA/BS in Business, IT, or Computer Science
• 5 or more years of IT and business / industry work experience
• 5 or more years of experience working in a strategic leadership role in a digital Sales, Service and/or Commerce function in an enterprise environment.
• 3 or more years of proven experience solutioning and shaping capabilities as solution architect and/or managing solution architecture.
• Ability to travel, including internationally, up to 20%
• Proven experience in leading and managing teams.
• A product mindset leading and executing capabilities for customer and commercial teams distributed globally.
• Digital product development, persona, journey mapping and capability framework development.
• Deep understanding of sales force platforms and emerging trends, including strategic pricing/marketing automation and techniques to apply them with commercial teams.
• Demonstrated ability to lead Change Management efforts
• Ability to distill complex concepts and business needs into prioritized, value based components.
• Strong executive written and verbal communication skills.
• Change agent, not afraid to challenge the status quo. Strong collaboration and influencing skills.
• Demonstrated ability to be successful in ambiguous situations.
• Demonstrated experience managing cost/quality/schedule controls.
• Experience working in a global, matrixed, leveraged organization.
• Experience anticipating emerging issues, problem solving and implementing new business solutions across process data and technology
• Experience interacting effectively, confidentially and appropriately with various levels management and customers
• Ability to work across multiple groups and geographies to solve operations problems and avoid continuity risk
• Business fluency in English and local languages as defined
• Master’s Degree (MBA).
• Experience in 1 or more CRMs and Strategic Pricing technologies
• Experience in CloudCraze Commerce technology
• Experience in SAP Hybris
• Experience in Microservices Architectures
• Experience in integrating to Salesforce platform