In Bayer”s Pharmaceuticals division, we focus on researching, developing and marketing specialty-focused innovative medicines that provide significant clinical benefit and value, primarily in the therapeutic areas of cardiology, oncology, gynecology, hematology and ophthalmology. With our innovative products, we seek to achieve therapeutic benefit for patients, while at the same time satisfying the growing requirements of physicians and health insurers. As one of the leading research-based pharmaceutical companies worldwide, we have nearly 50 ongoing development projects in clinical trials.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Computer Science and Data Analytics Intern, are to:
- Support the development, implementation and continuous improvement of the global data hub / infrastructure for Bayer R&D Quality with consolidated internal/external data to support business reporting, operational support, data analysis, and operational excellence;
- Develop and maintain the BI/analytical dashboards to support key R&D Quality and customer tasks;
- Support the process of customer data requests for Study Audit Management (SAM);
- Support key AO&BE related tasks, such as data retrievals, key business reporting, SAM Audit Planning, R&D Audit planning, capacity and budget planning for SAM;
- Ensure best-in-class data analytical methodologies are utilized in trend analysis to drive future business decisions and approaches;
- Explore new ways of working (digitalization) and investigate utilizing alternative digital tools e.g. data mining, predictive modelling, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor”s degree in Computer Science, Business Analytics or similar concentration;
- Must be a rising junior or senior at the time of the internship (summer 2021);
- Have proven hands on practical project experience outside of coursework;
- Strong interpersonal and oral and written communication skills;
- Fluent in written and spoken English language;
- Ability to collect and analyze stakeholder requirements and basic skills in Project Management;
- Be comfortable working independently as well as in a collaborative team.
- Available to work during one of the two following timeframes :
- May 17th, 2021 – August 6th, 2021
- June 14th, 2021 – September 3rd, 2021
- Experience with SQL, Python Databases (oracle, SQL);
- Demonstrate business Intelligence in Tableau, Power BI;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Advanced Excel skills;
- Ability to independently maintain, troubleshoot, debug new and existing code;
- Ability to write clear, well-documented and commented code to facilitate future maintenance;
- Knowledge in mathematical and theoretical IT basics (algebra, analysis, statistics, data structures, algorithms, data analysis);
- Experience in Business reporting including the development of reports using different Analytics Views (Pivot Table, Chart and Column Selector), Dynamic / Interactive Dashboards, flat files and CSV files;
- Data visualization skills / charts, bars, images, dynamic reports etc., and the ability to distil data into meaningful reports, visuals, charts and/or tables.
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.