Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated individual to support the Breeding Global Compliance and Seed Movement Team as a Compliance & Quality Manager. The selected individual will become a primary resource to support Breeding”s North America, Canada and LAN teams. Within this role, the selected individual will focus on the implementation and execution of an effective and value added Compliance Training and Audit program that thoroughly encompasses critical business work processes, Regulatory compliance, and supports Monsanto”s Trait Quality and Quality Management programs. They will partner to refine Breeding compliance programs, facilitate Quality Management practices, develop strategies to assess and mitigate risk, review and revise policies and procedures to enable the Breeding organization to operate in compliance with all applicable regulations.
These initiatives are extremely important in maintaining our business Freedom to operate (FTO). The individual must be able to proactively communicate to build and foster strong relationships with the local business teams, respective Breeding leadership, the Breeding Global Stewardship team and within the Breeding Global Compliance and Seed Movement team.
- Must have a strong ability to partner and collaborate with teams across Monsanto to ensure alignment and drive towards solutions.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the many compliance requirements to be seen as an expert in the field
- Partner with our Field and Operational teams to support their objectives and enable confident execution in alignment with all Compliance, Trait Quality and Quality Management System requirements.
- Lead SRR monthly calls, training sessions and workshops to ensure full understanding and implementation Compliance, Trait Quality and Quality Management System requirements.
- Identify and document processes and develop standard operating procedures (SOP’s) or Best Practice Documents (BPD’s) as required.
- Perform Compliance and QMS function system and processes based audits at Breeding field sites, Pathology locations, and provide candid and constructive feedback to the audited sites/teams.
- Work closely with Quality Management to increase communication and leverage Quality Management Systems, as well as assure Stewardship policies and Regulatory requirements are implemented.
- Participate in Operational Excellence initiatives, including process and continual improvement, Regulatory compliance, Trait Quality, and other identified initiatives.
- Partner with the site teams to perform GAP analyses and build relationships to provide support.
Required Education and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Proficient in MS Office Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Result orientation, agility, leadership and excellent organizational and documentation abilities.
- Strong communication skills, including capability to clearly present information and influence others through oral, interpersonal and written communications.
- Ability to travel domestic and international independently.
Desired Education and Skills:
- Master’s Degree (or higher) in Agronomy, Ag Business, Business, Engineering, Crop Science, Biology, Pathology, or related field of study.
- Quality Management Systems knowledge
- Familiarity with Pathology, Breeding, Seed Manufacturing, and/or other field based research programs
- Experience with implementation of ISO9001 system
- Prior experience with LEAN philosophies and/or Six Sigma methodologies
- Demonstrated communication, influence and critical thinking skills in a team environment and ability to work within the team and across functions to achieve desired results.
- Ability to take complex ideas and document in clear and succinct detail.