About Roach Ag Marketing
We have been proudly helping farmers since 1978. Roach Ag. Marketing is an independent, full-service commodity advisory firm helping farmers do a better job of marketing their crops and livestock. Roach Ag. spent its first 21 years in Perry, Iowa, before moving its’ headquarters to Boca Raton, Florida. In addition, we have 6 offices located across the Corn Belt to better serve our clients and provide intelligence to the home office about crop and livestock fundamentals throughout the United States.
We offer a world of opportunities and freedom at our growing company located in Boca Raton including paid time off and health insurance. Let us move you to beautiful, sunny South Florida to grow a business with Midwestern customers and leave the cold winters behind! The local area offers a wealth of recreation and entertainment activities including 3 international airports, four professional sports leagues, three unique performing arts centers, over 150 miles of sandy beaches and 250+ sunny days per year.
Our Professional Staff has over 200+ years of combined experience in the futures industry to draw upon. Although our advisors are authorized to trade all commodities, we specialize in corn, soybeans, wheat, cattle, and hog futures as well as agriculture commodity options and we continue to hire the very best people to work for us.
For more information about the company please view our website at http://www.roachag.com.
- Commodity Trading
The Commodity Risk Advisor position is a strategic role focused on developing, selling, and refining our crop marketing program and related service offerings. A crop marketing background with an advanced grasp of grain marketing, and/or markets and experience trading commodities ideally in a retail setting is preferred.
- Passionate about agriculture and farming, desire to put the farmer first – farming background preferred
- Ability to complete required certifications in Ethics, Cybersecurity and Anti-Money Laundering upon hire
- Expertise with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and ability to learn new software quickly
- Excellent communication skills in all formats. Attention to detail, organized, extremely customer service oriented
- Thrives working in a fast-paced environment. Highly independent, goal oriented, and creative. Successful candidates will have an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to work in an environment where they are responsible for setting and attaining their own goals
- Place outbound calls to farmers to generate leads, prioritize and manage sales pipeline, and close sales
- Become an internal expert on our market-leading and innovative system for farmers
- Solicit and develop new business (phone, meetings, and one on one on the farm)
- Provide market outlook analysis and price risk assessment to customers
- Maintain existing and secure new accounts while managing margin calls for customers
- Supply market information and recommendations
- Execute futures and options trades as a price risk tool or for speculative purposes
- Maintain daily, monthly, and annual customer records
- Conduct seminars, radio, print media and TV appearances
- Possess or ability to obtain the Series 3 licensure (the National Commodities Futures Examination administered by FINRA)
- Fluency in futures, options, hedging, and risk management concepts and offerings
- Graduate with an Agriculture Economics, Marketing, Business, Sales, or Economics-related bachelor's degree
- Proven ability to excel in a self-guided work environment
- Comfortable using and explaining technology products/services
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced, competitive environment where sales achievement will be directly rewarded
- Willingness to travel 10%+ of time
- Must be internally motivated and able to work independently
- Must enjoy working in an office environment, spending hours on the phone while teaching the company strategy to U.S. farmers
This opportunity offers a guaranteed income during the introductory period. Advisors eventually should work on 100% commission to make numbers above $100,000.