Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
We are hiring a Commodity Manager in Nashville, TN. This individual will have full autonomy with the categories that they oversee. This individual will be responsible for supporting a function (marketing) that hasn't historically had Procurement support. There will be a heavy change management aspect to the role beyond the typical procurement activities.
Compensation is based on experience along with benefits and bonus. We are willing to pay relocation for the right candidate.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
- 5 years plus of Strategic Procurement experience
- Ability to function from a stable state of independence, displaying ability to manage assignments without significant oversight
- Preferred certifications: CPM
- Ability to multitask and adapt priorities quickly
- Effective and advanced communication skills
- Advanced planning & analytical capability
- Advanced, complex problem solving; able to identify key issues and effectively coordinate efforts to achieve resolution
- Leadership & teamwork; able to build internal & external alliances with focus on “customer relations”
- Ability to read drawings and understand technical specifications
COMMODITY SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE:
- Prior designated commodity and materials' buying experience
- Advanced commodity knowledge:
- Professional Services Strategic Sourcing
- Cost driver structure and cost modeling
- Business, industry and commodity acumen
FOUNDATIONAL JOB KNOW-HOW:
- Strategy formulation, development and implementation including:
- Supplier segmentation
- Spend analysis & costing models
- SWOT analysis
- Advanced purchasing fundamentals:
- RFQ/RFP, bid analysis, supplier selection and award
- Negotiation strategy & execution
- Supplier & internal customer interface
- Contract development, negotiations, management & administration
- Financial Analysis & Project Management
- Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) and negotiation
- Proficient in "Problem Solving Decision Making"
- Provide Procurement support ensuring Procurement representation and participation in all issues related to assigned Professional Services categories
- Support the co-development of Category, supplier and negotiation strategies, and work plans, in conjunction with stake holders and support execution to established timelines
- Support the identification, research and evaluation of Professional Service providers that meet the organization's standards of quality, value, timing, service and reliability of supply
- Interact with suppliers and internal "customers" to identify , implement and realize optimal value and performance
- Support the execution and management of Procurement processes for designated Categories to reduce total cost of ownership for goods & services while ensuring uninterrupted supply
- Facilitate Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) efforts including strategic segmentation and supplier rationalization
- Ensure supplier qualification efforts including diversity initiatives
- Manage and enhance supplier performance through the establishment of KPI's/SLA's (contract content) and effective supplier and stake holder interaction