- Lead all activities of a team of brokers to achieve long-term growth objectives while driving the strategic plan to position CHS Hedging as the preferred Futures Commission Merchant in our markets.
- Identifies current and future development need for staff and creates plan to ensure staff is qualified
- Acts as advisor to subordinates(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve problems. Ensure superior customer service by providing follow-up on any function or service provided.
- Be an active commodity broker analyzing market conditions and provide consultation to customers, managing relationships with customers, soliciting new business via phone and/or face-to-face
- Responsible for making you’re your team meets or exceed your budget
- Gather information on the competition to ensure company is providing the best products/services possible. Make recommendations to management as needed.
- Participate in appropriate industry boards, committees and associations to ensure CHS Hedging is represented in the futures and options industry.
- Routinely make field visits with customers to provide feedback and direction on strategic goal setting and activities with customers.
- Assist the Senior Management Team with preparation of annual budget and business plan.
- Develop and establish operational policies and procedures
- Travel up to 20% domestically.
- Cultivate and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Bachelor’s degree (additional years of related experience may offset degree requirement)
- 10+ years of experience in sales management to include:
- Commodity price risk management experience
- Experience delivering presentations
- Ability to obtain Series 3 broker’s license within first 90 days on the job
- Ability to travel up to 20% domestically
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Series 3 broker’s license
- Experience in agriculture and/or energy industry
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.