This is a full time exempt position
Position Summary: Reporting to the VP Softseed Crush the position is accountable for developing and implementing strategic and annual business plans for the location. The Commercial Manager will be accountable for procurement of all raw materials and marketing some finished products to the highest relative valued markets to achieve optimum financial results. This person will be responsible for running the location risk management in accordance with corporate policy; developing strategies that match with our corporate objectives and executing these strategies utilizing corporate and staff resources as deemed necessary. Additionally, the Manager will represent the company on various industry related initiatives as required.
Key skills & competencies:
Dealing with Failure
Impact & Influence
Description of work performed:
Leads location human resources in order to ensure excellence and an awareness and dedication to divisional and group goals and objectives. Builds an environment which cultivates collaboration and continuous improvement
Directs the development and provision of training and support to ADM staff regarding professional development
- Develops, implements and directs the location business plan, including asset utilization, market development, strategic alignments, logistics and divisional objectives
- Leads and actively participates in all aspects of marketing primarily within regional domestic markets, with the goal of improving Archer Daniels Midland profitability within a dynamic operating environment
- Interacts with key customer accounts and maintains ongoing and regular communications with customers to improve relationships and customer service
- Ensures that the location is effectively utilizing their human resources to maximize our profits through marketing programs and customer/logistical services
- In conjunction with the VP Softseed Crush, will direct the developmental activities related to the processing group
- Maintains ongoing and regular communications with the production manager, merchandising, clerical and production staff to ensure market direction and the growth and maintenance of strong business relationships
- Directs and leads the implementation of marketing strategies such that we achieve or exceed our divisional targets
- Identifies and analyzes potential key supplier and end-user market opportunities within domestic markets for raw materials and protein and directs the strategies such that we profitably penetrate these markets
- Works closely with various internal groups to ensure the most cost effective means for coordinating ADM’s operations
- Develops key communication links within ADM to ensure optimal use of Archer Daniels Midland facilities and market access, an understanding and awareness of market requirements, establish relationships and facilitate the effectiveness of integrated NA processing operations
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of market trends and competitor activities, revising marketing strategies and programs to capitalize on found opportunities
- Represents the processing group on various external meetings, committees and associations in developing and influencing the processing industry and promoting ADM interests
- Tracks progress towards the achievement of business plans and objectives, as outlined, and initiates action as required
- Prepares and submits regular and ad hoc reports regarding achievements, opportunities, and issues.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
University degree in agriculture or business (i.e. economics, finance, accounting) supplemented with a minimum of eight (8) years progressively responsible experience in the marketing of commodities and related food, feed and/or fuel products in North America. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered. A master’s degree is considered to be an asset. Validated capacity to excel within high risk, dynamic work environment. Shown ability to assess risk and exercise good judgment in making decisions. Proven negotiation and social skills. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the domestic & international trade. Shown ability to lead effectively within a team based work environment. Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with end-users, suppliers, and internal customers. Computer competent, with proven ability in the use of spreadsheet, database and word processing software applications within a windows based operating environment
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status.
Relocation is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.