We are a family-owned, independent agency with locations in Robesonia, Jonestown, and Douglassville, PA. We are a unique office since we are split almost 50/50 between commercial and personal insurance. The commercial business in our office is almost completely agriculture related, in fact we are one of the largest farm insurance agencies in Pennsylvania. Our agency is continuing to grow and we recognize we will need another team member in order for that growth to continue. We pride ourselves on being insurance consultants rather than salespeople. Over our 20+ year history we have operated under a single premise: “Always do the right thing for your customer.”
We’re hiring for a Commercial Insurance Account Manager in Allentown, PA to focus on developing relationships with new customers; highly focused on farms and agribusinesses selling our full line of insurance including business, liability, life, auto and more. You would share your time between being at the location and out in the community building relationships. This is a new role due to growth within our organization. We’re looking to hire a highly driven sales individual who aligns with our culture of focusing on doing what’s right for the customer.
We offer a base salary along with sales commission and paid time off, 401K with company match and enjoy opportunity for growth an advancement. We are firm believers that a salary only position limits the potential of hard workers. Those that put in the effort should receive compensation commensurate with that effort. Those that are highly motivated can earn a very attractive amount in commission, some of our agents more than double their annual salary.
What you would be doing:
- Sell: Commercial Insurance Products to a wide range of industries.
- Develop leads, schedule appointments and identify customer needs
- Use a customer-focused, needs-based review process to educate customers about insurance
- Establish client relationships and follow up with customers, as needed
- Work with the principal to establish and meet marketing goals
- Provide prompt, accurate, friendly service by responding to inquiries regarding insurance availability, eligibility, coverage’s, policy changes, transfers, claim submission procedures and status
- Maintain a strong work ethic with a total commitment to success each and every day.
This job is for you if you:
- Have sales experience (outside or inside sales representative, ag sales, agronomy sales, ag equipment sales, retail sales associate, or telemarketing) preferred, but not required
- Have any experience and/or understanding of crop farming, livestock, ag equipment or other agriculture preferred, but not required
- Have a successful track record of meeting sales goals/quotas preferred but not required
- Have excellent communication skills – written, verbal and listening
- Are enthusiastic about the role insurance and financial products play in helping people manage the risks of everyday life, recover from the unexpected, and realize their dreams
- Are self-motivated, organized and ability to manage the details
- Have a Property & Casualty license (or must be able to obtain)
- Have a Life & Health license (Bonus, but not required)