At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Commercial Dairy Specialist – Central Michigan
ADM Animal Nutrition,a leader in the commercial feed industry is seeking a qualified dairy leader in ourMichigan sales territory. This position will provide dairy technical leadership to customers within the region. Detailed responsibilities include:
- Achieve dairy revenue, tonnage, market share, and product mix targets as directed for assigned listings and sales groups.
- Develop strategic prospecting plan to sell progressive, sustainable dairy producers and feed dealers
- Regularly contact customers and prospects, develop and maintain positive customer relationships.
- Provide sound nutritional and management consultation in an effort to enhance bottom line dairy profitability.
- Formulate dairy rations to fit individual producer needs in conjunction with Formulations and Dairy Nutritionists.
- Assist assigned feed dealers in development and execution of a marketing strategy to grow dairy market share.
- Promotes the ADM Way and Core Values
Requirements for this position include a Bachelor’s Degree, dairy industry knowledge, working knowledge of proper management and feeding practices, computer literacy and the ability to become proficient in feed formulation/ration balancing, and strong agricultural business aptitude. Prior sales experience and a proven track record developing new accounts, a plus. The successful candidate will have superior verbal and written communication skills, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
The candidate must reside in the territory, be comfortable with on-farm conditions (i.e. working around dairy cattle, farm machinery, etc.), have a valid driver’s license, withstand automobile confinement to serve geographic area, and have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs on a routine basis.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance. ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.