You will gain knowledge and experience, through on-the-job training, of all aspects of agronomy operations, agronomy sales & marketing techniques, agronomy consulting services, and cooperative philosophy needed to promote the sale of products to growers.
You will gain knowledge and experience in:
- Assist Agronomy Production Sales Specialists with crop scouting, soil sampling, and field agronomic problem solving.
- Use integrated pest management techniques to determine treatment thresholds.
- Generate written reports and present them to supervisor and/or customers.
- Learn the features and benefits of all agronomy products and services assist with over-the-counter sales, and assist with product delivery to customers.
- Learn to perform warehouse and agronomy plant operations.
- Learn and utilize Agris invoicing and inventory management systems.
- Assist in inventory management procedures.
- Learn crop protection product mixing and operation of application equipment.
- Custom Application: Spread Fertilizer and spray crop protection products with a High-wheel sprayer, Floater, Rogator, or Ditch sprayer
- Gain knowledge and experience with Precision Ag.
- Work with patrons and assist them in a courteous and professional manner.
- Work in and keep an environment that is compliant with state, local and CHS Environmental and Safety policy.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proficient in MS Office
- Production agriculture experience or understanding
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in an Agribusiness program
- Internship in Grain Procurement, Agronomy, Crop Scout, or other Ag related internship
- Commercial Driver’s License
- Certified Applicator Certificate
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.