Under general supervision performs various work assignments to include: racking, pumping, clarifying and blending of juice and wine.Operates and cares for forklifts, filters, pumps, presses, hoses and other cellar equipment and Machinery.Checks temperature of tanks during fermentation, stabilizing and storage. Assists in training Cellar Worker I as needed.
Here’s what you’ll do:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs volume calculations for wine blending and wine movements
- Transfers, racks, filters, and blends wines as needed
- Mixes tanks as needed for cold stability
- Gases head space on partial tanks on a weekly basis
- Makes chemical and yeast additions to wine as needed
- Responsible for sanitation of cellar area equipment and tanks
- Samples tanks as needed
- Responsible for monitoring and replenishing cellar inventory of supplies
- Monitors temperature of wine tanks
- Cleans, maintains and organizes barrels as needed
- Assists in set up and clean up duties, including cleaning of labeler parts, hosing down floors, and storing packaging materials
- Assist with still wine barrel work
- Occasionally responsible for hand labeling, stacking and removing bottles from cellar walls
- Operates forklift at a competent level (can move and stack bins)
- Assists with all harvest duties
- Any other duties assigned
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).Two years prior cellar experience required. 21 years of age.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must communicate verbally and in writing in English
Must be able to perform basic calculations
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Industrial setting with forklift traffic and public tour groups. Will be exposed to weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job.It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Here’s what we’ll bring to the table:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
- Subsidized gym membership.
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) — allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
- Work life balance.
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties. Widely recognized for their iconic ISOSCELES Bordeaux blend, the wine that arguably put Paso Robles luxury winemaking on the map, JUSTIN is also known for their Cabernet Sauvignon. The property at JUSTIN features a Tasting Room, luxury suite accommodations and a Restaurant — making it the only winery on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In addition to its stellar hospitality offerings, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, including a place in the Wine Spectator’s world-wide Top 10 list in 2000 and 93 points for the 2009 ISOSCELES, further establishing JUSTIN as a leader in luxury Bordeaux variety winemaking. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN’s Tasting Room, on-line store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club.
JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.