Position at JBS USA Food Company
JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
We are looking for an Ingredients Category Manager for the JBS Corporate Procurement Team.
Reporting to either the Head of Purchasing or Production Category Manger, the Ingredients Manager is responsible for supporting the sourcing and management of ingredients products and ensures all business requirements are accounted for in category strategies. The Ingredients Manager’s role is critical in supporting sourcing through involvement in category strategy creation and directly supporting supplier identification, selection, and negotiation to ensure the highest level of service and quality in ingredients supply. The Ingredients Manager will identify and build strong relationships with key ingredient suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Support various Business Units and the Global procurement teams in the ingredients sourcing process to ensure category strategies and supplier selection conform to business requirements
- Collaborate with cross functional teams, including Research and Development and Quality Assurance, to qualify ingredients and suppliers, identify value creation opportunities, and lead sourcing initiatives
- Utilize internal and external market research analysis to optimize sourcing decisions and keep stakeholders informed of key market drivers
- Assist in the development of risk mitigation strategies for critical ingredients by developing backup supply options, price risk management and hedging strategies, and mitigate health and safety risks
- Perform spend analytics to identify savings opportunities
- Own/manage supplier relationship and performance, resolve performance issues, pursue financial claims; conduct formal supplier performance reviews with key strategic suppliers
- Own supplier contracting for all suppliers and development of master agreements for top suppliers
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Food Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Research & Development, or related fields strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional team environment
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Effective written and oral communications
- Understanding of supply/commodity markets a plus
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong understanding of the industry and ingredients is desirable