Johnson Insurance exists to promote the success of American agriculture and the food supply chain by providing risk management and insurance services to farmers, food processors and agribusinesses. We combine our rooted 100-year family history in the insurance business along with our passion for helping people to truly be an advocate for our customers. We have and look to continue our year-over-year growth as we expand into new markets.
We’re hiring for a full-time Business Development Manager to lead business development of our commercial insurance services driving growth in new markets. Our ideal hire brings prior B2B sales with strong expertise in a given segment of agriculture (livestock, specialty crops, fertilizer, crop protection, etc.) and/or food production. Prior insurance experience is not necessary as we are willing to support your training and licensing. This role is highly focused on prospecting new businesses and developing relationships across the industry drawing upon your prior connections and developing new networks.
You would be based from your home (ideally in NC, SC, GA, AR, AL, MO, TX, TN or potentially Midwest) with travel throughout your territory. We have no boundaries to our territories and focus more on market segments. You are encouraged to travel as you see fit to develop business in your segment market.
We offer a competitive salary along with an industry-leading commission structure for new accounts as well as commission for renewal business. We offer health, dental and vision insurance, retirement plan with a company match, PTO, paid training, and vehicle reimbursement. Our culture is family-friendly, and our team consists of high-drive, down-to-earth personalities. This role offers a unique opportunity to reach high compensation levels with no cap as you build a book of new business and are compensated for residual/renewal accounts.
Our model encourages salespeople to do what they do best: make sales. You will be teamed up with our New Business Account Managers who will provide administrative support during and after the sales process. Once the account is won, our Client Services team will see to the day to day needs of the account so you can keep new business flowing without getting bogged down in servicing work.
You would be an ideal fit for this role if:
- You bring prior sales experience in agriculture or food production
- You are entrepreneurial minded and have a passion for bringing innovative ideas to solve problems
- You would enjoy the autonomy and ability to lead the way into a new market segment
- You are comfortable with travel on-site for prospecting and visiting customers
- Develop marketing plans to grow the territory and market segment
- Work to develop a strong knowledge of the client’s overall business and present proposals based on each clients’ unique needs
- Represent Johnson Insurance as a respected brand ambassador in your professional network
- Be the go-to resource for your customers
- Ensure customer satisfaction by engaging with clients and working on smart renewal strategies to retain accounts over the long haul
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date information in agency systems
- Participate in industry events and trade shows to grow your network
- Provide a seamless experience for the customer as you ensure strong communication internally with account managers
- Maintain compliance with regulatory laws and company procedures