About Roach Ag Marketing
We have been proudly helping farmers since 1978. Roach Ag. Marketing is an independent, full-service commodity advisory firm helping farmers do a better job of marketing their crops and livestock. Roach Ag. spent its first 21 years in Perry, Iowa, before moving its’ headquarters to Boca Raton, Florida. In addition, we have 6 offices located across the Corn Belt to better serve our clients and provide intelligence to the home office about crop and livestock fundamentals throughout the United States.
We offer a world of opportunities and freedom at our growing company located in Boca Raton including paid time off and health insurance. Let us move you to beautiful, sunny South Florida to grow a business with Midwestern customers and leave the cold winters behind! The local area offers a wealth of recreation and entertainment activities including 3 international airports, four professional sports leagues, three unique performing arts centers, over 150 miles of sandy beaches and 250+ sunny days per year.
Our Professional Staff has over 200+ years of combined experience in the futures industry to draw upon. Although our advisors are authorized to trade all commodities, we specialize in corn, soybeans, wheat, cattle, and hog futures as well as agriculture commodity options and we continue to hire the very best people to work for us.
For more information about the company please view our website at http://www.roachag.com.
The Broker Clerk supports a broker or a team of brokers in all aspects of daily activities, allowing them to focus on generating commissions by servicing existing clients and marketing new clients. This position offers a unique opportunity to work and train alongside an experienced commodities broker.
- Accepts and opens, changes and cancellations from customers via the telephone and distributes to trade desk to place transaction
- Opens hedge accounts per compliance rules
- Develops and maintains a professional rapport with customers to enhance new and ongoing business relationships
- Notifies customers of filled orders, margin positions and other pertinent information
- Reconciles accounts and updates customer information, including hedge records, purchases, and open orders
- Maintains hedge records and research databases
- Manage all account documentation accurately
- Performs various administrative duties as needed
- Maintains prompt and regular attendance
- Managing accounts, clients, and margin when broker is out of the office
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Assembles crop production estimates
- Maintains the inventory of office supplies and orders as needed
- Monitor accounting issues while anticipating and preventing problems when possible
- Place customers on trial/sell our Daily Grain Plan newsletter
- Phone support during sell signals, buy signals or report days
- Assist other Senior Brokers with duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Must obtain Series 3 Commodities Brokerage License within 3 months of employment
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Detail oriented, organized and possessing excellent documentation skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple projects in a busy, demanding environment
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office products
- Must be authorized to work in the US for any employer
- Ability to work extended hours if necessary
- Utmost confidentiality is necessary with customer’s personal information
Physical requirements/Working conditions:
- Minimal physical requirements other than occasional light lifting of boxed materials
- Dynamic, time-sensitive environment
- Some travel as needed
This opportunity offers a guaranteed salary. Brokers clerks will have the opportunity to earn additional commission supporting one or more Senior Brokers.