Peterson Farms is a growing family operation located in Central Kentucky which manages over 17,000 acres and produces various agricultural products. The company is structured and positioned for successful growth today and in the future.
The Boiler Operator is responsible for generating, monitoring and assuring steam and hot water supplies for operations within our Continuous Process and Batch Process drying plants. This position is a 3 month Assignment at our Harrodsburg, KY facility engaged in processing raw hemp for our partner oil extraction company. In this role, the Boiler Manager is responsible for safe running of the steam/water plant, assuring steady plant operations without disruptions, delay. The position reports to the Drying Plant Manager (Continuous).
We offer a competitive wages along with one amazing work environment where your efforts and ideas are recognized.
- Operates the boiler plant to provide steam power for our continuous process drying plant and hot water for our batch process plant (both are located at the same site).
- Actively manages the environment to assure safe working conditions and builds a culture for safe operating conditions.
- Communicates and works with both the Continuous side Plant Manager and Batch side Plant Manager to understand their needs, any changes in their operations.
- Monitors and controls the boiler plant for efficiency.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned by the plant manager.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Technical skills – Knowledge of and prior experience with boiler operations, technical design, capacity, their operating systems, and trouble shooting ability.
- Communication skills – Open communicator with good listening skills. Able to effectively communicate with two managers to meet their needs.
- Adaptable – Can adapt and respond to changing conditions, especially harvest related weather and other conditions that might create a demand for longer process/shipping days.
- Computer Skills – Ability to use computers to run and manage equipment.
- Safety minded – Previous exposure, training and experience on boiler operations, and plant safety a plus.
- Must be computer skilled (Microsoft Office platforms, including Word, Excel, others.)
- Previous, demonstrated experience with boiler systems.
Peterson Farm team members are:
- Honest, dedicated and hardworking.
- Respectful and compassionate to the needs of others
- Thirsty for knowledge and self-improvement,
- Passionate for what we do, and enjoy our work
- Involved in fostering a Team Environment that promotes achievement and excellence.
- Focused on a Safe Workplace at all times.
- Practice responsible stewardship and conservation that result in long-term productivity and value creation.