The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible to provide first class customer service to employees at all levels of the organization. The HR Coordinator carries out responsibilities in various aspects of human resources including recruitment, new hire orientation, onboarding/off-boarding, benefits, compliance, talent management, LOA tracking, employee relations and HR reporting.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Review resumes, applications, and on-line employment requests.
- Schedule and conduct interviews.
- Coordinate the hourly employment process and new hire packet administration, including pre-employment processing of applicants (screening, referencing, I-9 verification) and completion of written employment verification, and initial entry of employee information into all systems and records (ADP, Workforce, employee date base reports, etc.).
- Oversee/assist temp agencies and responsible for maintaining hours report and coordinates temp to Dole transitions.
- Manage the job requisitions process including posting, qualifying, testing and processing employee promotions and transfers.
Customer Service & Support:
- Provide customer service to employees that come into the HR office.
- Answer employee benefit and payroll questions and provides printouts and third-party resource and contact information.
- Assist in the enrollment of and change for welfare programs.
- Maintain hourly employment personnel files, with focus on the up to date information and file security.
- Enter, review, revise, and audit personal, tax, and protected information in ADP and Workforce as changes are required.
- Assist with coordinating wellness, recognition and employee engagement programs and events.
- Support special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports & Compliance:
- Accountable for administration, tracking and communication of Leaves of Absence (i.e. FMLA, Worker’s Comp and ADA). Lead and manage interactive process as needed for ADA cases.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State labor and discrimination laws (e.g. Department of Labor, EEOC, Wage and Hour, ADA, etc.).
- Maintain or assist in maintaining EEO/Affirmative Action Plan data base.Provide daily headcount report to management and works with HR Supervisor on recruitment to fill open positions.
- Provide designated routine and project driven or specialized reports to management.
- Follow all food safety requirements and GMP’s as applicable for this position.
- Ensure the integrity and continued operations of the food safety system in the event of organizational or personnel changes within the company or associated facilities.
- Oversee, assist, and/or conduct new employee orientations, including mandatory safety and SQF training and on-boarding follow-up.
- Oversee, assist, and/or conduct annual required refresher / compliance training which may include but not be limited to SQF, Code of Conduct, Workplace Violence, Sexual Harassment, Personal Safety.
- Bi-lingual/B-literate English/Spanish skills required.
- Proven ability to track and manage leaves of absences.
- I-9 verification and EEO compliance experience.
- Strong computer skills, including Windows, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and HRIS. Strong verbal and written communications skills emphasizing teaching ability with large groups.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently; ability to maintain positive working relationships.
- Must have the ability to make decisions, be punctual, follow direction, maintain confidentiality, interact well with co-workers, understand and follow posted work rules/procedures..
- Some payroll and benefits knowledge a plus.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- 3 – 5 years minimum of human resources experience, preferably in the produce industry
- High school diploma or GED required
- HR Certificate very desirable
EEO STATEMENT: We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Job Location Springfield, Ohio, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular