The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4.6 billion company, 10,000 strong and growing. Health and wellness are wildly popular and deeply rooted in all of our products: fruits, nuts, water, wine, pure pomegranate juices and teas, and floral delivery. At The Wonderful Company, we are proud to produce successful healthy, iconic and authentic brands, and we are passionate about sustainability, social responsibility, philanthropy and wellness for our employees, their communities and consumers around the world. In California’s Central Valley, where rates of chronic disease are disproportionately high and where thousands of our employees and their families live, we are developing the Wonderful Health and Wellness initiative to change the paradigm of health and wellness for the company’s employees, their families, and the communities in which they live. Our free, onsite health clinics combine the best of modern technology, evidence-based medicine, and teamwork to create and sustain a culture of well-being for our employees and the community. Supported by a large, progressive self-insured employer, we are demonstrating what medicine looks like when we align incentives around quality and value, not volume.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company and our commitment to Central Valley health and wellness, visit: http://wonderful.com/social-responsibility/health-wellness
Here’s what you’ll do:
What you will do & the impact you will have:
We are seeking an experienced Health Coach to join our Central Valley health and wellness team for our Wellness Center based in Lost Hills, CA.
Health Coach will serve as an integral part of our onsite primary care team, responsible for helping patients improve their health by providing them with tools and motivation to make healthier choices. The Health Coach will serve as patients’ first point of contact when it comes to health and wellness matters, within the clinic and beyond. Health Coaches will greet the patients when they arrive, send off patients when they depart, field calls/emails/texts from patients, take patients’ vitals, follow-up with patients from the clinic and out within the facility, host health fairs and group educational sessions, and serve as advocates for patients in all areas related to health and wellness.
Core Skills and Responsibilities:
- Build long-term relationships with patients who visit the wellness center.
- Demonstrate the ability to establish rapport with patients and the clinical team.
- Communicate with patient’s face-to-face, by phone, in groups, via email/text, and other means.
- Conduct group and individual diabetes self-management education sessions using evidence based protocols.
- Greet patients when they walk in and navigate them throughout the clinic during their visit.
- Take patients’ vitals and document patients’ visit with the doctor.
- Reinforce the doctor’s recommendations and help patients create plans to adhere to those recommendations.
- Participate in onsite and offsite outreach efforts to help engage patients in health and wellness.
- Demonstrate willingness to learn new skills and comfort with ambiguity.
- Provide outpatient diabetes and self-management training and education to type 1, type2, and gestational diabetic patients. Education includes, but is not limited to, signs/symptoms and respective treatments for hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, DKA and HHNK.
- Plan, develop, and implement individual and group diabetes education for adults, pediatrics, and their families and caregivers.
- Instruct patients in the evidence-based Standards of Care for diabetes, obesity, hypertension and other chronic diseases.
- Attend outreach activities such as health fairs for diabetes screening and health education.
- Monitor and evaluate short and long-term patient responses to therapeutic interventions in collaboration with clinicians.
- Function as an integral member of the clinical interdisciplinary team.
- Identify ways to improve care of patients and make recommendations to leadership.
- Travel may be required to both Lost Hills, Delano, and mobile clinics.
- This position will require visiting remote locations on our mobile clinic.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- 3+ years of health/medical experience
- Written and verbal fluency in Spanish required
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding listening skills
Here’s what we’ll bring to the table:
- Competitive benefits packing including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k.
- Subsidized gym membership.
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) — allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
- Work life integration.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4.6 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company’s 10,000 employees worldwide are dedicated to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, almonds, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company’s market share: Wonderful Pistachios is America’s No. 1 tree nut brand and one of the top-selling salty snacks; Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI Water is America’s No. 1 premium bottled water brand; Teleflora is the No. 1 floral delivery service through local florists; and JUSTIN Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California. A 2016 Nielsen study evaluating the familiarity, quality, and momentum of more than 2,500 leading brands revealed that Wonderful Company products dominated the top 10 lists of consumers across all generations, more than any other consumer goods company.
The Wonderful Company’s connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.