Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Bayer Animal Health Plant Engineer are to:
- Ensure the operability, reliability, and integrity of the assigned assets through continuous monitoring and improvement of OAE (Overall Asset Effectiveness);
- Maintain responsibility for the maintenance activities related to inspection, repairs, and larger/complex turn-around(s) of the assigned assets that exceed the capabilities of production maintenance; tracks work orders;
- Plan, execute, and monitor basic budget (Responsible and Accountable) investments (routinely not to exceed 50k USD) through good collaboration with internal and external stakeholders/service providers;
- Identify and evaluate deficiencies and bottleneck and develop technical concepts for their resolution;
- Conduct troubleshooting of asset and process problems;
- Observe technical rules and regulations and implements technical good practices. Has up-to-date knowledge of company and industry best practices and implements them in the Plant;
- Keep and update the technical documentation and records. Create, maintain, and develop standards for plant operating documentation (e.g. standard operating procedures, process descriptions, material and energy balances, P&IDs, operating data collection and retrieval);
- Actively pursue best practice and knowledge sharing amongst technical community and peers.
Who you are Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelors or Master degree in basic engineering discipline (e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, Controls Engineering or Chemical) with 0 years of experience;
- Core Competencies: Drives Results (Ensuring accountability and consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances); Customer Focus (Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer – centric solutions); Collaborates (Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives); Plans & Aligns (Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals); Self-Development (Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses & actively seeking ways to further develop)
- Basic knowledge of Engineering tools and software – e.g. AutoCAD
- Ability to read and understand process flow diagrams, line drawings, P&IDs and schematics. Ability to communicate technical/process applications in the form of SOP and/or protocol development.
- Related Experience: Internship/project exposure to process industry (Chemicals, Food, Pharmaceuticals, Animal Health)
- Understanding/Coursework/Exposure to plant control systems (e.g. WonderWare, Siemens, Honeywell.)
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.