Seaquist Orchards Farm Market is a family owned and operated seasonal farm market and bakery located in beautiful Door County, Wisconsin. We locally grow and process a variety of cherries and apples and produce canned items, fresh baked items, and juices with the fruit. Visitors enjoy our wide variety of gourmet farm products and samples, production viewing windows, and playground.
We’re hiring a Baker to head our early morning baking from May to late October working 40 or more hours per week. You would be baking pies and apple cider doughnuts along with a wide range of pastries, cookies, turnovers, cakes, and more. We execute most production during the day time and as such, the morning baker's role is to take these prepared items and finish preparation/bake them in an organized and timely manner. You will be starting your day typically at 5am, but can start as early as 3am during peak times/holidays and you would be finishing your shift between 10am – 11am. You’ll be working individually as well as with other team members as they start to steadily join for the day. Ultimately, you will make sure we offer fresh and delicious goods to our customers daily.
We Offer a starting pay of $14.00/hour with full time hours available and the opportunity for overtime hours paid at 1.5x base pay. Full-time bakers may work on holidays but receive holiday pay for Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day in addition to their hourly pay.
- Food & In-store Discounts: We provide lunches free at our festivals, discounted lunches on weekends, and free cider slushies, popcorn, baked goods, and coffee daily. All bakers receive a 20% discount for shopping in-store.
- Bonus: End of season bonuses may be awarded based on performance.
- Retirement: Returning bakers who work more than 1000 hours a season receive competitive 401k
- Paid Volunteer Work: Returning bakers receive up to 10 hours paid volunteer work in surrounding community
What you would be doing
- Open the bakery early in the morning
- Prepare a variety of products for baking as directed
- Adjust oven temperatures to ensure proper baking
- Comply with all food safety practices
- Manage multiple ovens and timers throughout morning baking
- Prepare custom-made pastries based on customers’ preferences
- Clean kitchen equipment and tools after use
- Assist in other areas of the farm market
- Experience in a commercial kitchen and/or culinary school a plus but we are willing to train someone with a passion for baking
- Physical ability to stand on feet during shift, lifting heavy trays, ingredients and other items (25-50lbs)
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment
- Team spirit, with a customer-focused attitude
- Flexibility to work in early morning shifts
Click Apply to send your resume OR Email your interest with a few lines about your background to Laura@seaquistorchards.com