The Harvesting Software and Electronics Team at AGCO Hesston Operations has an immediate opening for an Autonomous Systems Engineer. The successful candidate will share in responsibility for AGCO’s current product support of automated systems, development of future autonomous control systems, sensor fusion, data collection, processing, and analysis, and supporting the development and integration of future sensors.
Some of the desired capabilities for the person filling this role are:
- Experience with image processing and machine learning OR Advance control system modeling and design
- Prefer fluent with Python/OpenCv or Matlab. Java and C++ is a plus.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn and support existing image processing control algorithms and tuning techniques
- Ability to develop or maintain advance control algorithms and with a diverse and globally located team in an Agile environment
- Provide support in the maintenance of existing models and contribute with the development of next generation systems.
- Ability to document and communicate the progression of various systems in a detailed and organized manner.
- Experience with standardized electronic communication protocols
- Familiarity with mobile machinery communication protocols, such as UDS, ODX, OTX, SAE J1939, and ISOBUS
- Solid understanding of network communications, including CAN, Ethernet, WiFi, and BroadR-Reach
- Background with Mechanical Design and Electrical Harnessing
- Support the integration of new sensors into existing products.
- Provide prompt support to field development teams in regards to data acquisition, instrumentation, testing procedures, and testing techniques
- Occasionally support in-field activities such as advance data collection, system tuning and optimization, system troubleshooting, demonstrations, and training.
- Assist with the planning and prioritization of long lead tasks
- Travel both domestically and globally up to 10%
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability and communicate effectively with internal and external teams to identify and fulfill needs
- Willingness to make contributions outside of your area of direct responsibility to insure product quality and deliver customer value
- Solid decision making skills, and the ability to make decisions with limited direction
- A desire to participate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a high degree of freedom
- A strong sense of customer focus, and pride in maintaining high-quality work standards
- A strong desire and commitment to continuous learning and self-growth
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Automation & Control Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related field
- Machine Learning Experience or Image Processing is plus
- Hands on experience with troubleshooting electrical systems is a plus
Nearest Major Market: Wichita
Job Segment: Electronics Engineer, Systems Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Telecom, Engineering, Technology