The primary responsibilities of this role, Automation Engineer III, Breeding, are to:
- Lead some phases and supports all phases of automation projects including concept development, basic engineering, prototyping, detailed engineering and design, procurement, construction, start-up, testing, deployment and sustainment of automated systems;
- Follow Bayer and industry best practices;
- Plan, delegate and carries out engineering tasks to ensure all project objectives including safety, technical correctness, budget, constructability, schedule, maintainability and operability are met;
- Partner with other engineering disciplines, customers and vendors/suppliers to contribute to the successful development and execution of projects;
- Lead the preparation of specifications, drawings, bills of materials, test procedures and another project documentation;
- Lead check-out, commissioning, testing, start up and field support;
- Modify existing and create new procedures, standards and practices to stay current with technology and implement improved methods;
- Identify risks and design for safety;
- Lead safety reviews and document safety strategies including interlocks, alarms, procedures, safety systems, etc.;
- Support controlling cost and schedule on assigned projects, including project budget/schedule estimation and proposal;
- Adhere to company procedures for intellectual property documentation and protection.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science with at least four years of relevant work experience or Master of Science with at least two years of relevant work experience or Ph.D. with at least one year of relevant work experience;
- Must complete degree program prior to the start of employment;
- Degree in engineering or science such as Electrical, Chemical, Civil, Mechanical, Agricultural, Computer, Computer Science Electromechanics, Mechatronics, Industrial, Information Systems or related field with strong interest in automation;
- Significant experience in one or more of automation design, machine design, test engineering, agricultural engineering, automation support, project engineering, or equivalent experience;
- Working knowledge of safety systems, design documentation standards, automation validation, quality assurance and automated system integration;
- Strong relevant computer hardware and software skills;
- Strong knowledge of relevant national and international standards in area of expertise;
- Knowledge of project control skills including project planning, scheduling, cost control and requirements development;
- Some experience in providing field support or participating in check out, commissioning and start-up of automated systems;
- Systematic approach to problem definition and solution development;
- Ability to work as a member of cross-functional teams and to participate in multiple projects simultaneously;
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills to deal with people at different levels of management, engineering, suppliers and internal customers;
- Good verbal and written skills in order to communicate with and obtain cooperation from team members;
- Demonstrated ability to write comprehensive technical documents required for project execution;
- Business-proficiency of oral and written English language;
- Willingness and availability to travel depending on project or business needs;
- Working understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) requirements and responsibilities.
- Successful completion of a Bayer internship and/or work experiences in automation engineering applications in agriculture or other related field.
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.