The Associate Director, Social/In-Platform Digital Media Strategy, reports to the Global Media Director within Wonderful Agency. This position plays a key role in our communication efforts — to consumers, employees and other key constituents. This leader will help define our Social/In-Platform Digital team through hiring, training, mentoring and representation, will establish our best practices, will develop specific digital plans and ensure proper stewardship of our brands and campaigns. This is a hands-on leadership position with strong visibility within the Agency and across Marketing.
Your Wonderful Purpose:
- Collaborate with the Media Director and Associate Media Director to set Social and similar auction-based Digital budget allocations and strategies
- Lead a team to develop well-thought-out plans, always striving for excellence in output
- Offer sound strategic and industry insights
- Push for continual learning and development within the team via campaign analysis, vendor meetings, industry news and trends, seminars and other structured learning, etc.
- Track and steward all campaign for performance, reporting out at appropriate levels to Agency constituents and to Marketing
- Champion our brands with consumers, and our department within the Agency and Company.
- Manage efforts specifically related to:
- Paid and Organic Social platforms
- Auction platforms such as YouTube, Pinterest and LinkedIn
- Search (SEM with SEO)
- Social listening and community management
- Other digital platforms as applicable to specific campaigns
- Tagging for reporting and performance (e.g. Google Tag Management, GA, etc.)
- Hire, mentor, train and provide feedback on team performance
- Educate Marketing teams and other Wonderful constituents
The Wonderful You:
- 7+ years of experience in social marketing
- Robust and current understanding of the platforms and features, from both a paid and organic perspective, so you can lead media strategy, teach, pitch in and be the authoritative voice in the room
- Deep experience and knowledge of tools of the trade — competitive, social listening, scheduling, etc.
- Demonstration of ability to lead/manage a team
- Proven collaborator and leader-by-example
- Experience with multi-audience campaigns, testing (e.g., A/B, multi-variant)
- Ability to strategize both awareness and conversion-based campaigns
- Fluency with data option, DMPs/CDPs
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail and organizational skills
- Eagerness for continuous learning and improvement, and creative exploration
- Ability to create and dissect plans both analytically and creatively
- Desire to establish, enforce and follow best practices
- 4-year degree
Wonderful’s Dedication to You:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunity for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, weekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Training in continuous improvement and project management
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) – allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on wellness and health including virtual yoga and mindfulness classes
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $5 billion company dedicated to harvesting health around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company’s 10,000 employees worldwide are committed to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company’s market share: Wonderful Pistachios® is America’s No. 1 tree nut and America’s fastest-growing snack; Wonderful® Halos® is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful® is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI® Water is America’s No. 1 premium imported bottled water brand; JUSTIN® Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California; and Teleflora® is the world’s leading floral delivery service.
The Wonderful Company’s connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back at its core. The company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $1 billion invested in environmental sustainability; $65 million in charitable giving, education initiatives, and innovative health and wellness programs each year; and $143 million toward the construction of two charter school campuses in California’s Central Valley.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and its core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr.
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.