The Wonderful Company is currently looking for a Brand Management Summer Associate for its Marketing teams, based at our corporate headquarters in Los Angeles, CA. The internship has the potential to lead into Wonderful’s full-time brand management rotation program described below.
The application deadline is January 4, 2021 and the internship will begin August 2021.
FULL-TIME BRAND MANAGEMENT ROTATION PROGRAM
The Wonderful Company provides you the opportunity to work on #1 brands at a privately-held $5 billion global company, we’re an established company with entrepreneurship at our heart. In our brand management rotation program, Associate Brand Managers spend two-years rotating through multiple brands in Wonderful portfolio (such as Wonderful Pistachios, Wonderful Halos, Wonderful Seedless Lemons, POM Wonderful, FIJI Water, JUSTIN Wines, Landmark Wines and JNSQ Wines). Each participant is integrated into the brand teams during their rotations, giving them a chance to work on campaign strategy, insights development, innovation projects, creative development, strategic planning, sales support, budgeting, execution, and more. Our goal is to cross-train excellent candidates in preparation for senior-level positions within the company.
What does the Marketing team do?
Work with senior management to drive strategic initiatives and execute marketing plans that support the fast growth of our diverse businesses. Brand Managers at The Wonderful Company are the link between our sales, finance, vertically integrated operations, and our in-house creative agency.
Why choose us?
- We’re mission driven and can stand behind our brands
- Giving back to humanity is part of our company’s mission — we are passionate about sustainability, social responsibility, philanthropy, and wellness
- Be proud of working only on healthy & authentic brands — we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier food and beverage choices
- We’re an established company with entrepreneurship at our heart
- We’re #1 in the categories we compete — as a $5 billion global company, we grow both brands and categories
- Being a privately-owned company strips away bureaucracy and keeps us nimble. This means that employees are empowered to be thinkers and take calculated risks
- Invest $100MM+ in marketing annually across the portfolio enabling us to pursue big opportunities
- Our brands have edgy, creative, and distinct personalities backed by innovative marketing
- Work with wonderful people and have supported development
- Work with smart, dedicated people who love challenges
- We invest in our people — we offer 50 hours of structured marketing training per year in addition to weekly marketing webinars from external subject matter experts
- Access to marketing leadership — flat organization structure within marketing
- Big portfolio of brands — more development opportunities by moving across brands
- We offer a multitude of development opportunities including access to external conferences and trade shows (ANA, SXSW, Brandweek and more) and our internal Wonderful Academy leadership development programs
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Define the strategic direction for our iconic brands and own the brand planning process
- Spearhead the brand’s innovation agenda
- Drive cross-functional organization, planning, and execution of marketing programs (consumer and trade) to drive profitability objectives
- Use available data sources (including syndicated data) to monitor and report state of business including distribution, brand share, promotional effectiveness, and category trends
- Work with Wonderful’s in-house creative agency to define creative, media, and PR strategies, providing direction for our marketing/creative campaigns
- Collaborate with our product development team to build future packaging and our iconic point of sale materials
- Provide thought leadership in developing practical solutions to complex quantitative and qualitative problems
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- MBA candidate from a leading program; top academic credentials
- 2-4 years of experience in marketing, consulting, and/or creative agency; in the consumer space is a preferred
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Communications, Psychology or related field
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, strategic, and creative problem-solving abilities — approaches management with solutions versus problems
- Strong communication and presentation skills; ready to present in both formal and informal settings with the use of PowerPoint and other tools
- Self-driven to achieve goals. High energy level is essential. Strong, dedicated work ethic and not afraid to take a stand
- Ability to work with data to identify unique and powerful insights
- Ability to effectively develop marketing creative briefs and articulate creative feedback to develop powerful marketing campaigns
- Comfortable working in collaborative team environments
- Desire to work/live in Los Angeles
- Flexible and willing and able to take on a project at any stage
- Intellectually curious and passionate — always looking for ways of improving the team’s work
- Abreast of shifting landscape of marketing and trade environment
- Demonstrated passion for making a difference
- Focused, organized, results-oriented
- Self-motivated, able to achieve high impact in an unstructured environment
Here’s what we’ll bring to the table:
- On-site subsidized high end cafe offering farm to table meals and snacks.
- Free on-site yoga classes and other wellness-focused activities.
- Free tobacco cessation programs.
- Work-Life integration.
- All the FIJI Water and Wonderful snacks you may want in the office.
- Discounted tickets to various LA attractions.
- We are bicycle-friendly, with newly installed bicycle racks available to all LA-based employees.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4.6 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company’s 10,000 employees worldwide are committed to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, almonds, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company’s market share: Wonderful Pistachios® is America’s No. 1 tree nut brand and America’s fastest-growing snack; Wonderful® Halos® is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful® is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI® Water is America’s No. 1 premium imported bottled water brand; JUSTIN® Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California; and Teleflora® is the world’s leading floral delivery service. A 2016 Nielsen study evaluating the familiarity, quality, and momentum of more than 2,500 leading brands revealed that Wonderful Company products dominated the top 10 lists of consumers across all generations, more than any other consumer goods company.
The Wonderful Company’s connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a longstanding commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $200 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $50 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $100 million toward the construction of two charter school campuses in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.