Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Represents WinField United in a courteous and professional manner to build and maintain positive relationships with customers, vendors, coworkers, and the public.
- Accepts all responsibility of the Warehouse’s personnel, product, and equipment in the absence of the Warehouse Manager.
- Confers with Warehouse Manager and operational staff to coordinate warehouse activities.
- Assists Warehouse Manager with warehouse layout changes, product storage and pick flow analysis, Zone-It use and enhancements that will drive efficiency.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects the operations of the CP Business Unit by keeping information confidential, maintains accurate records, generates Bill of Ladings for customer orders, direct ships, and U.S. freight.
- Maintains optimum inventory records on daily basis, reports damaged product to corporate office, and supports in conducting physical inventory of product as directed by Warehouse Manager and reporting data to the operations staff and the supply managers.
- Provides support in the analysis of daily pick tickets, inbound and outbound freight coordination, and provides direct customer service and support for CP Regional Warehouses & Hubs.
- Implements verification processes of daily inventory picks against pick ticket orders and engages the warehouse staff to follow a set process to meet goals and objectives.
- Aids in training of all full time and seasonal employees and monitors compliance information for safety programs regarding DOT, EPA, and “Right-To-Know”.
- Responsible for orderly appearance of warehouse and report necessary maintenance on structure, in building, on equipment or trucks, etc. to Warehouse Manager and can coordinate repairs as directed.
- Loads and unload trucks using a forklift or pallet jack when required
- Assists other departments as time allows or as needed and directed by the Warehouse Manager.
- Other duties that may be assigned or necessary.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Carries out supervisory responsibilities and oversees warehouse workers and facility as directed by Manager in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work and product delivery, addressing complaints, and resolving problems. This position will assist in monitoring, and gauging employee productivity, and output that will be used for performance and discipline.
General Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Management – When directed by Manager can organize, schedule, and delegate work assignments; Uses time efficiently; Makes timely decisions; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and performance; Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization’s goals and values; Strives to increase productivity and efficiency; Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; inspires and motivates others to perform well.
Professionalism – Understands the confidentiality of business transactions; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity, honesty and ethically; Upholds organizational values; Reacts well under pressure; Keeps emotions under control; Treats others with respect, courtesy and consideration; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Completes work in timely manner; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer or operations staff needs for service and assistance; Meets commitments and deadlines; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events in the work environment; Communicates clearly and effectively.
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Possesses understanding of DOT placarding and DOT Hazardous rules; Uses equipment and materials properly and ensures proper attire is worn by staff; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience – Associate degree from a two-year college; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills – To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Inventory software, Order processing systems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations – Current Driver’s License; must understand DOT placarding and DOT Hazardous rules; Able to operate a forklift.
Training Requirements – Receive required training for programs such as hazardous materials, first aid awareness, forklift/loader, etc. (See Company Guideline Requirements).
Other Skills, Abilities, and Qualifications: Must be able to cope with stressful situations and be tolerant of long, irregular working hours, including weekends, during peak busy seasons.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel, and to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and occasionally climb, balance, drive or operate a forklift. The employee must frequently lift and /or move from 50 to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must possess the willingness, tolerance and endurance to work long or irregular hours during peak seasons, including weekends if necessary.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals, and to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.