Northtree Ranch is a 1,600-acre, private, rice farming operation located in Northern California. We take pride in caring for the land. We diligently maintain our equipment and communicate openly and with integrity throughout the company. Our company culture is one that values teamwork, transparency, and conscientious work ethic. Join a small team that is passionate about working together, taking pride in what they do, and operating top of the line, well-maintained equipment.
We’re hiring for a full-time, year-round Assistant Shop Foreman Trainee in Marysville, CA. You will have a wide range of responsibilities that includes: operating machinery, field prep, crop planting, growth season treatments,(spraying, water or irrigation management, fertilization), growth monitoring using equipment, harvesting, fall field work and stomping in winter.
We offer competitive compensation, health care, dental, vision, 401K with company match, and paid time off.
This job might be for you if you:
- Have experience with farm equipment.
- Have a willingness to learn rice farming.
- Consider yourself a hard worker that is self-motivated.
- Are looking for a long-term opportunity to grow your career.
- Are willing to work extended hours during peak seasons.
What you would be doing:
- Working in shop servicing and maintaining equipment
- Planting, cultivating, spraying, and harvesting row crops
- Operating all equipment associated with row crops
- Other general duties around the farm as necessary
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Must be able to stand/sit for an extended period of time
- Ability to frequently lift/push/pull up to 60 pounds
- Must maintain a tobacco and vapor-free environment at all times