The Assistant Manager ensures that Agtegra customers’ expectations are being met in the most efficient manner as possible; United with agronomy sales, this position will assist customers with agronomy background; Give agronomy recommendations and promote growth of Agtegra’s agronomy business, including: fertilizer, chemical, and seed volumes and margins, micronutrients, seed merchandise, all agronomy services, including trucking, as well as chemical and seed assistant rebates. The Assistant Manager will also serve as the dispatcher with responsibilities including providing clear directions and maps to our professional applicators across multiple locations and ensuring equipment is dispatched to customers timely and effectively.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with agronomists and managers in organizing orders and fertilizer loads to keep all equipment moving in the most efficient manner.
- In coordination with the warehouse personnel account for, maintain, and reconcile all inventory of chemical, seed, and miscellaneous items on a monthly basis.
- Operates facility under EPA, OSHA, and Department of Agriculture laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Attends weekly sales and marketing meetings to ensure that information between sales and operation are communicated and understood.
- Ensures maps and directions are clear for applicators.
- Works closely with agronomists and custom applicators to ensure equipment is dispatched to customers timely and efficiently.
- Responsible for placing and loading customer orders.
- Assists Location Manager in planning for future operations needs of the location.
- Attends regular supervisor meetings to help organize and communicate action plans to ensure maximum daily efficiency for employees and equipment.
- Coordinates with other area supervisors to promote teamwork within the employee group; demonstrates teamwork by assisting in other areas as needed.
Education and Experience Required:
- High school or general education degree (GED); or 2-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous logistics, Agris software, and DOT regulations knowledge can be beneficial.
Health Insurance, Vision/Dental Insurance, Pension plan, 401k, Clothing Allowance, Paid time off, Holidays, Education Assistance and MORE!