Support CPI’s Vision, Mission, and Core Values. Assist in managing Grain and Agronomy production and distribution operations for the location in a manner that will optimize CPI’s market share and savings, improve efficiency, resulting in outstanding customer service. Ensures compliance with CPI policies, regulations, procedures, and practices including all local, state, and federal laws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide a positive attitude to customers and peers through providing outstanding and courteous customer service.
- Follow the safety guidelines and safety programs established by CPI can complete safety reports and required record
- Assist in conducting safety training.
- Promote and support CPI’s Grain and Agronomy programs.
- Assist in the budgeting and P& L of the location.
- Maintain a positive location appearance, while assuring equipment is always in working order.
- Monitor inventory quality/condition and complete weekly inventory reports.
- Maintain all records required by OSHA or CPI’s safety procedures.
- Ability to explain company policies and site operations to customers and employees as needed.
- Recommend repairs and improvements to the Location Manager.
- Oversee location personnel training so that tasks are performed properly and safely.
- Adhere to the credit guidelines of CPI.
- Assist in planning, developing and implementing CPI policies and goals.
- Assist Location Manager in developing and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork among location and company staff.
- Inform the Location Manager of operational, customer, vendor, or employee issues that may arise.
- Assist in leading daily housekeeping to maintain a safe environment for employees and customers, keeping all areas clean and orderly.
Skills and Specifications
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with a focus on customer service.
- Maintain positive professional relationships across the organization and work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Working knowledge of business computer skills (Microsoft Office, Accounting, Database and Internet software).
- Exhibit exceptional customer relation skills.
- Works well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations.
- Ability to speak before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Strong business acumen abilities: time management, planning, organization, and decision-making skills
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
Assists in supervising the assigned employees at the location. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with CPI’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work. Assists in appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and Qualifications
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED). Three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education or comparable experience working with agricultural commodities and material handling equipment. Associates Degree a plus. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Required: Valid Class A CDL with Tanker, Doubles, and HazMat Endorsements
PCP Level: 4
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may exert 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and /or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly. Exerting weight exceeding 100 pounds will require two people to lift. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts: fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places: outside weather conditions: extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.