Gilson Farms is a custom heifer boarding operation, which handles approximately 1500-1600 heifers from weaned to about a month before they freshen. We treat these animals as if they were our own and must have employees who exhibit a passion for returning a healthy, quality animal back to their owners.
We are currently looking for a Full Time Assistant Herdsperson – Assistant Herdsman – Livestock Specialist who will oversee our herd of dairy heifers and assist the Herdsman with daily activities.
We offer competitive compensation and have available housing if needed for the right person.
This position is for you if you:
- Have experience working directly with cattle and AI breeding.
- Are able to work extended hours of 50-55 per week.
- Work effectively with others and have excellent time management skills.
- Ability to run general farm equipment such as skid steer and tractors.
- Dedicated, hard-working and looking to stay long term.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
In this position you will:
- Oversee herd management, heat detection, AI breeding, vaccinations, diagnose/treat sick or injured animals, vet check, group movements, record keeping (Dairy Comp).
- Assist the Herdsperson with all responsibilities and duties daily.
- Assist with other areas of the farm as needed such as scrape barn, push feed, or move or load animals.