Serves as a Supervisory Research Geneticist/Molecular Biologist/Animal Scientist (Research Leader) for the Animal Genomics and Improvement Laboratory (AGIL) in Beltsville, Maryland. The mission of AGIL is to discover and develop improved methods for the genetic and genomic evaluation of economically important traits of dairy animals and small ruminants and conduct fundamental genomics-based research to improve their health and productive efficiency.
Learn more about this agency
- Maintains a strong, productive personal research program as well as overseeing and providing guidance to scientists in the Unit for their research program.
- Manages human (administrative and scientific) capital, and physical and fiscal resources of the Unit.
- Responsible for ensuring proper interpretation and reporting of scientific research data.
- Provides technical information and consultation internal and external to ARS concerning the research of the management unit.
- Provides oversight in the development of research goals and objectives and performance of research for each project in AGIL.
- Develops new hypotheses, theories, principles, and measurement methods, and will plan, coordinate, and conduct studies.