You must live within the business unit territory.
- Oversee the operations of multiple locations in a defined region according to divisional objectives to provide patrons with prompt, courteous and effective service while maintaining the efficiency necessary to achieve a maximum margin of profit.
- Ensure programs are implemented at sites, to include housekeeping, safety and equipment maintenance to avoid breakdowns and limit safety hazards. Work with Location Managers on all safety and compliance issues.
- Educate both employees and patrons in the operations of the cooperative and CHS business objectives to enhance employee effectiveness and improve member relations.
- Establish and implement short-term goals consistent with long range plans for growth in operation, including facility, equipment, and personnel.
- Communicate regularly with location managers, branch managers, department managers, supervisors, and divisional staff (fertilizer marketing, farm supply, credit).
- Utilize staff and equipment within CHS to provide excellent customer service and satisfaction.
- Supervise staff through responsible training, clear job assignment definition, and explanation.
- Monitor work of all employees to correct deficient performance and effectively reward and develop all employees.
- Assist in developing budget and asset needs, manage approved operating budget.
- Coordinate movement of grain, receiving, grading, loading and storage with Grain Department Manager and Location Managers. Ensure a quality product through regular monitoring of inventory and grain.
- Keep abreast of market conditions and area crop conditions to minimize exposure and maximize profitability.
- Work extended hours as needed to meet business needs.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- High school diploma or equivalency degree
- 8+ years of agriculture retail experience to include;
- Supervisory experience
- Grain handling experience
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Associate’s degree in Agronomy or Agriculture related program
- Agribusiness/Location management experience
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.