The Applicator and Operations Specialist performs custom application for the location by performing the following duties personally or with the support of other plant personnel. As an operations attendant will also perform duties which may include maintenance of equipment, plant, rolling stock, operation of forklifts, loaders, operating tender trucks, filling and delivering NH3 tanks, loading customers’ vehicles with product, unloading of deliveries and other duties as required.
- Loads and unloads outbound and inbound inventory.
- Delivers to customers, products and services that are sold by Key Cooperative.
- Precisely blends and custom applies fertilizers and agricultural chemicals based on recommendations and label directions.
- Completes all assigned tasks according to work order estimates and their daily work schedule.
- Completes applicator logs and reports on schedule.
- Displays reliable attendance and schedules time-off with advance notice.
- Keeps the Location Manager informed of operational, customer, vendors, or employee issues that may arise.
- Promotes the business with existing and potential customers.
- Projects a positive attitude to customers and employees at all times; exhibits good customer relations skill.
- Performs required preventative maintenance and have all preventive maintenance reports turned in on time.
- Implements, promotes, and supports all Key Cooperative programs.
Safety & Organization
- Assists in keeping all inside and outside work areas extremely neat and orderly.
- Continuously follows the company employee policies safety guidelines and safety programs established by Key Cooperative.
- Completion of safety reports and required records.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- USDA grain weighing and grading license.
- Pest Control Applicators License of grade 7-E would be beneficial.
- Class A CDL with Endorsements.
- A minimum of a registered technician, or a 1-A applicator’s license.
About Key Cooperative
Key is a member-owned, rural Iowa cooperative serving agriculture producers.
With locations in 13 communities and 6 counties, Key Cooperative provides Agronomy, Energy, Feed, and Grain with a small-town, yet professional feel. Our employees take pride in our identity and they’re committed to the success of our owners by delivering innovation, leadership, and performance.
If you’re looking for a place where you can grow and be proud of what you do each day – you can find this kind of career at Key Cooperative. Apply below!