WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
If you have experience operating large machinery, attention to detail, and are interested in helping farmers grow the best crops possible, then we can’t wait to talk to you! We are looking for a Custom Applicator that is eager to go above and beyond helping our customers spray their fields. A few key areas of emphasis include:
- Applies crop production inputs to fields and growing crops according to recommended rates, procedures, and following all pesticide labels.
- Records application data according to regulations and standards.
- Sets up material handling, blending, storage, transport and application equipment for blending and delivery of products.
- Blends products according to recommended rates and procedures.
- Check out this video to learn more: https://vimeo.com/240178925 .
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- High School Diploma, eagerness to learn, passion for agriculture, and motivation for meeting goals. Associate’s degree in a related discipline and internship experiences during college desirable, but not a requirement.
- Must have or have the ability to obtain, all required pesticide or fertilizer applicator licenses or certifications in Iowa where crop production inputs are applied.
- A knack for relationship building and problem-solving
- Must be a team-player through and through!
- Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions (heat, cold, wet, etc.)
- Ability to work in areas that may contain dust, fumes, chemicals, and electrical hazards, requiring utilization of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)>
- Ability to work at varying heights and lift 51 – 70 lbs.
- Must have or have the ability to obtain a CDL with endorsements and have a satisfactory driving record
WHAT WE BRING TO THE TABLE
- We value relationships and people first and foremost
- We are a stable company that gives back to the community
- We emphasize sustainability practices and stewardship of our resources
- Potential training opportunities with an FS Applicator Simulator during off seasons
- Learn more here: http://bit.ly/2x0Lbn9
- We offer access to in-house training, personal career development, and leadership development to support career goals and advancements aspirations.
- We ensure that employee health and wellness matters to us!
- We offer a robust benefits package including a company funded pension, 401(k) match and generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO).
WHAT YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT US
New Century FS
- hosts an annual company picnic and holiday party for employees.
- has an Employee Purchase Program with some of our vendors.
- provides an annual FS clothing allowance to purchase work attire.
- has tuition reimbursement program to continue your education through a college or university.
- supplies a company smart phone and wireless headset to safely and properly perform this job.
We are an equal opportunity employer, including protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities. Employment may be contingent upon receipt of an acceptable and job-related background check, drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.