Your tasks and responsibilities The primary responsibilities of this role, Application Technology Intern-Crop Protection Focus are to:
- Make recommendations and/or develop strategies based on experience to support and maintain equipment;
- Maintain awareness of potential hazards of working in a fast-paced environment in proximity to automation and comply with all safety and application requirements;
- Work independently or with members of your team on project specific activities;
- Assist your team in executing their seasonal work priorities;
- Attend personal development opportunities on or off-site including visits to St. Louis and other sites in and outside North America Field Testing and Operations near your location;
- Operation of field research equipment, including Bayer proprietary technology;
- Data collection, entry and analysis.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Current enrollment at an accredited university located in the U.S. pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in agronomy, ag engineering or an ag-related program;
- Attained minimum of Sophomore standing as an undergraduate;
- Possess or able to obtain a State of Illinois Pesticide Applicators License;
- Familiar with agronomic plot research including pesticide application methods;
- Proficiency in creation of technical documentation;
- Demonstrated problem solving, planning and time management skills;
- Detail and results-oriented with the ability to work independently;
- Capability to learn quickly and a willingness to ask questions;
- Exceptional communication skills;
- Valid driver”s license and personal transportation
- Must be returning to school to continue degree program or to pursue an advanced degree upon completion of this summer internship.
Your application Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.