Hunter Nutrition, Inc. is a specialized feed manufacturer located in Brookston, IN, just north of West Lafayette. We manufacture top quality texturized, pelleted, and mineral/premix feeds at our 58,000-sq. ft. plant. Unlike other feed manufacturers, Hunter Nutrition places the emphasis on quality rather than quantity. Our feeds are set formula’s, made with the best ingredients in our modern, efficient manufacturing plant. Better feed pays our customers back with improved health and livestock performance. We have a diverse group of both large and small customers, all of which came to us for high quality, better fortified feeds.
What we’re looking for:
The person in this position will have a varied role in both management and sales within our feed company to help grow our business. Responsibilities include assisting with office duties, general daily management, assisting with feed formula’s, inventory, and some sales of our products. The role and responsibilities within our company will be expanded as the individual learns our industry.
What we have:
Hunter Nutrition’s employees enjoy a number of benefits, such as health insurance and a Simple IRA. Compensation varies according to experience, $ 36,000-$ 48,000/year. Please describe your agriculture experience/background in your cover letter.
What you would be doing:
- Oversee various operations including, but not limited to, efficiency, organization, purchasing, marketing, and customer relations.
- Provide high level of customer service to current and prospective customers.
- Assist with ad development and creating our newsletter..
- Occasional Trade Show Attendance.
- Support of Nutritionist’s work.
- Inventory tracking as well as ingredient purchasing
- Maintain current formula and feed tag information using MS Excel and MS Publisher
- Customer service such as answering the phone, completing and processing customer orders, greeting walk-in customers, dealer support and completing customer literature requests
This job might be for you if you have:
- 2 years’ full time experience working in an office.
- Good Computer Skills.
- Microsoft Office experience with Word, Excel, and Publisher.
- Prior agriculture, farming, or agribusiness experience.
- A positive attitude, good work ethic, and the ability to pay careful attention to details and accuracy