You will begin with a 6 to18-month development program that will provide an opportunity for you to develop your skills and grow professionally.
You will gain knowledge and experience in:
- Verify bulk Grain, Fertilizer, Propane, Feed, Chemical, Refined Fuels, Seed, and Lubricants inventories. Estimate quantities on-hand, assess average cost and quality and verify physical matches book inventory quantities according to the department’s procedures. Achieve a high level of accuracy in the physical measurement and estimation of these products.
- Verify non-bulk Fertilizer, Propane, Cost %, Feed, Chemical, Refined Fuels, Seed, Lubricants, and Other Merchandise inventories. Sample quantities on-hand assess average cost and merchantability, and verify physical matches book inventory quantities according to the department’s procedures. Achieve a base level of understanding of the multitude of products offered including their use, value, marketability and potential obsolescence.
- Assist in the preparation and peer review of inventory event planning, analytic, fieldwork, wrap up work papers and documentation. Gain proficiency of the department’s inventory processes and procedures including enterprise and regulatory requirements. Achieve a base level understanding on inventory management capabilities.
- Participate in the department’s due diligence for acquisitions, mergers, and divestitures. Also, assist in special projects as needed. Develop a proficiency that ensures accuracy and completeness of work assigned.
- Inspect Facilities for Environment and Safety Issues. Walk through a facility completing a safety checklist recording non-compliance issues. Achieve a base level understanding of the risks in these areas and themes within the checklist and other areas of environmental compliance.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- 0+ years Inventory Analyst work experience
- Experience with Microsoft office tools
- Ability to climb storage bins several stories tall.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to travel domestically 50-75%.
Preferred qualifications: (desired)
- 4-year degree
- Internship or past work with a coop: agronomy, accounting, or grain related.
- Accounting or Audit experience.
- Experience writing reports.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran.