Welcome to OMEX! We have a longstanding history in the fluid fertilizer industry in the United Kingdom and throughout the world. We have spent the last 24 years serving growers in the Western United States, Canada and South America. We’re now expanding our footprint to the Midwest and East coast to provide enhanced liquid formulations where we focus on working with specialty crop and greenhouse producers.
We’re currently looking for a Territory Sales Manager/Agronomist to join our team. Candidates will focus on expanding a new territory, working closely with growers and agriculture retailers and Distributors to promote the benefits of OMEX Agrifluids, Inc. products. You will be working in an advisory role with growers to maximize their crop health and yield by providing the right balance of products for agronomic need.
This role is home-based from anywhere within Michigan, Northern Indiana or Northwest Ohio with travel throughout the territory with a heavy focus in Michigan.
This role would be for you if you:
- Have agronomy experience working with specialty crops or have a specialty crop farming background
- Have a passion for agriculture
- Have high level of integrity
- Ability to work independently and develop new relationships across the territory
We offer competitive wages, benefits include paid vacation, insurance (health, dental, vision), 401k with 3% company match.
What you will be doing:
- Educate growers, agronomists, dealers & distributors on new products from the Omex line.
- Plan and organize sales activities
- Work with customers and prospective customers towards achieving agreed business goals
- Plan and develop dealer/distributor network in specified territory according to agreed market development strategy
- Motivate dealers and distributors to promote OMEX portfolio of products and services
- Conduct direct farm visits to growers and hold grower meetings to promote and sell products.
- Conduct direct visits to dealers and distributors
- Sell fertigation equipment and tanks related to application of OMEX fertilizer products
- Deliver fertilizer, parts & equipment and storage tanks to dealers and farmers as required
- Attend trade shows and promote and develop new accounts and relationships
- Locate and develop test plot locations as it relates to OMEX research & development
- Run trials with growers to show and demonstrate product success
- Manage and collect accounts receivable as required
- Perform any other duties as required not specified above as necessary to support goals of Omex Agrifluids, Inc.